Surprise!!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Got a wonderful surprise this morning. I was out by the carport, looking at bushes to remove and saw a pink flower down inside one of the out of control jade plants and when I looked closer, I found a small pink flowered hydrangea hiden under the jade plant. I'm going out to cut back the jade so the hydrangea has a better chance at growing. When the gardener comes in to remove the unwanted bushes, I must make sure he leaves the hydrangea and the camellias alone.

Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

Congratulations! It happened to me once but the small shrub died from moisture issues. I was so upset!!!! But it happened too fast.

I suggest keeping an eye on this plant during the hot summer months, mulch it really well and maintain the soil as constantly moist as you can.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm so surprised it is still alive. The onlly water it has gotten is if my son washes his car or it rains. Being close to the beach the temps are cool. I do need to water it more and mulch it. First must finish removing that jade plant.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Can now post pictures of my surprise hydrangea. jThis is what attracted my attention to it in the first place.

Thumbnail by marti001
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Heres a picture after I started clean up around it

Thumbnail by marti001
Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

Very nice!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.