nee help id-ing these plants

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

I had brought these seeds back from a cruise with my mother a couple of years ago. I finally got around to planting them. I believe they came from somewhere along the coast of Mexico. The name escapes me. Anyway, the one with the single leaves came from a seed that was crescent shaped, very big and hard. The actual seed was inside, and was white. The seed had a split in the middle.
The plant with the compound leaves came from a big round hard seed. I had to file the end and soak it to get it to germinate.
One of these plants had yellow flowers, I don't remember which one. All I remember is that it was near the Mayan ruins
I will post the other pic in my next thread.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message was edited Aug 7, 2011 12:55 PM

Thumbnail by brugmaniac1
Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico(Zone 11)

I live in that area but I'm not very good at identifying plants, especially without a picture of the flower. If one of the more knowledgeable people here can identify it, I can no doubt get you pictures of it in bloom. We have a lot of flowering trees here, many are yellow. When you say the seed was large, do you mean large like for a tree? How large? I keep thinking about your post and I'm now looking closer at the leaves of common flowering trees here, I just haven't seen one that I think is right.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

The seed was about an inch in diameter. It looked like a morning glory seed on steroids, that's how big it was. I wish I would have taken pics of the seeds, I'm sure that would have helped tremendously. You know what they saw about hindsight!
I hope someone can help me identify!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.