HELP!!!Overrun with Bamboo

Greenlawn, NY(Zone 6B)

My friend has a large patch of bamboo that she would like to eradicate permanently. Does anyone know the best way to do this? Thanks for any advice you can give. She is at her wits end!

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

She has my total sympathy! We've been working on a patch for 8 years and are still working on it, albeit it is a smaller patch. If she doesn't have anything in there that she wants to save, a heavy dose of Round-up once a week for a month will make a difference, but it will probably take a couple of years. The roots are thick and go very deep. What's known as bamboo is really Japanese knot weed - a Persicaria - a survior along the lines of kudzu and purple loosestrife.

Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

TOtal vegiative killer, but you cant plant anything there for at least a year, I would dig and dump the stuf down inand around the root system

Greenlawn, NY(Zone 6B)

Thanks guys--will give her the info.

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Heck i want some purple loosestripe, have got the yellow loosestripw, by the way i live in England.

Sheila

I have a mass of purple loosestrife if you want seeds or plants. I haven't harvested the seeds yet because most of my trading is with the US and many states have banned it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.