Summer 2011 20th anniversary project

Elkin, NC

I wanted to post pics of my 20th anniversary gift to my wife. Since there are several pics, I thought this might be a better way to show them. Here is the house when we bought it in 2010.

Thumbnail by edforlife
Elkin, NC

A few weeks ago.

Thumbnail by edforlife
Elkin, NC

East beds a couple of weeks ago.

This message was edited Aug 6, 2011 11:28 AM

Thumbnail by edforlife
Elkin, NC

East bed today. I did away with the beds and made one large bed. Hopefully the plants will withstand the heat and return to beautify the area. A bench and possibly a pergola will go in the center by the blueberry bush.

Thumbnail by edforlife
Elkin, NC

South, front of the house #1. The irrigation hasn't been buried yet (duh). It will be when it's cooler.

Thumbnail by edforlife
Elkin, NC

South, front of the house #2

Thumbnail by edforlife
Elkin, NC

South, front of the house #3

Thumbnail by edforlife
Elkin, NC

Another East pic

Thumbnail by edforlife
Elkin, NC

East

Thumbnail by edforlife
Elkin, NC

East . . .

Thumbnail by edforlife
Elkin, NC

Southwest corner.

Thumbnail by edforlife
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Happy anniversary to Maggie & Matthew! What a lovely gift you're giving Maggie to celebrate the occasion.

Good idea about combining several gardens into a large one. Do you have stepping stones or paths through the garden to make tending the plants easier?

The arbor is very nice. Have you planted anything at the sides yet?

The second photo of the East Bed appears to have a hydrangea. Do you have the name of it? Be prepared for It will probably/possibly grow very large so, as it does, you'll be removing the plants around it.

I absolutely love the last photo. That's quite a professional shot.

Good job, Matthew!

Hillsborough, NC

Agree with all pirl said! You've done a beautiful job (did you make the outdoor table and benches? They look great in your yard, too). What a lovely place -- makes one want to sit and relax with a cold glass of iced tea and just take in all the beauty.

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Charming! Absolutely charming! I LOVE your house and yard. Your hard work really shows. It's hard to even try to pick a favorite ... it all comes together beautifully. Can't wait to watch it mature over the years.

Elkin, NC

I haven't checked this in a while since school has started back. Thanks for the comments. Yes, I made the blue table and benches. It worked out so well. I hadn't tried that before.

Iced tea with lemon is a necessity around here! lol

My wife loves it too! She had a hard time when I started putting plants in the ground that looked dead. Now they are doing so well. My DG family has sent some plants to add to the collection and I am so thankful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.