CLOSED: Texas Star Hibiscus (red) » for stamps or trades

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Once again, folks, I am up to my eyeballs in and hereby offering seeds pre-treated for fungus suppression for . . .

Red Texas Star Hibiscus -aka- Swamp Hibiscus, Scarlet Rose Mallow, Scarlet Hibiscus

Hibiscus coccineus - - Synonym:  Hibiscus semilobatus

DG info for this plant:  http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1872/ . . . lots of pretty pictures there, too.

Trades: Propose your trade in DMail ===> http://davesgarden.com/tools/mail/pmail.php?q=LazLo

Stamps - . . . What I need from you:

A self-addressed business-size envelope (SAE) with 2 LOOSE "Forever" postage stamps - or an equivalent amount in postage stamps of mixed denominations.  Please note on the lower left corner of the outer envelope:  "TX Star".

If your postal service is not the USPS, contact me in DMail to discuss doing the postage via PayPal.

My postal addy == >   http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/view.php?user=LazLo

If you can't see the DG address exchange, send a DMail for my postal info,
using this link == >   http://davesgarden.com/tools/mail/pmail.php?q=LazLo   and request my postal mailing address.

These seeds are super easy to germinate using the "baggie" method.  Each packet contains a minimum of 24 seeds.

They can also be very successfully started when soaked in warm water for a couple of hours, the water drained off, then the seeds dusted by shaking in an old pill bottle containing about 1/8th teaspoon of ground cinnamon - a natural anti-fungal agent that helps prevent "damp off".

Sow seeds about ¼ inch deep in seed starting media.  I experience germination in soil within 3-5 days during times when the temperature is at least 75ºF.

A T B T Y !       ~       £az£o     ;--)

Thumbnail by LazLo
Guyton, GA(Zone 8b)

I would like some of these for postage! I will send it Monday morning. Would you recommend treating all seeds with cinnamon to prevent dampening off?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

yes, indeed. i now treat all incoming seeds by adding small amounts of ground cinnamon to their packets. also, i treat seed starting medium with a light dusting of ground cinnamon prior to wetting it down before sowing seeds in order to have some affect of fungi that are already in the soil . . . i really do not believe in that "sterilized" claim suppliers often make about seed starting media.

Thumbnail by LazLo
Guyton, GA(Zone 8b)

Thanks! I will have to keep that in mind about the cinnamon. I always have that around the house.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

two other natural antifungal agents are allspice and nutmeg - - both are much more expensive than cinnamon. i buy 10 oz bottles of ground Siagon cinnamon at Costco for under 3 bucks.

Thumbnail by LazLo
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Hi Lazlo, Just wanted to let you know the seeds I got from you of these last year have given me some beautiful lovely plants, as all your seeds do..

might I beg a few of this batch?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

you so silly, Debra . . . does ice cream taste good?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hello LazLo:

I will send you a SASE for these lovely seeds to help reduce the size of your pile. :D

Thanks in advance.

A.

Mesilla Park, NM

Hello Lazlo,
I would love to get some seeds from you, this is the first 2nd year I grow some hibiscus plants. Can I send SASE or would you like some sunflower mix, hollyhocks? I've also got some fresh yellow/orange cosmos this year.

Thanks.
A.

Lazlo, what does ATBTY mean?

I am not Lazlo, but it is All The Best To You.. ;D And.. He is the Best!

Mesilla Park, NM

Oh, Thank you Debra..

I've got a lot to learn.
A.

Guyton, GA(Zone 8b)

Thankyou, I rec'd my seeds!

please let me know when to send a big sasbe...I am going away this weekend for a week to Arkansas..

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Last call for alcohol, folks! . . .
  Seriously, I need to close out this offer soon - - frankly, our record-smashing heat wave makes it too dangerous for me to do much of anything out of doors . . . So, please send your SASE or contact me about trades for these seeds soon. Any remaining seeds are going to winter-sown.org and the newbie seeds effort.

ATBTY ! ~ £az

Thumbnail by LazLo
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Quoting:

This offer is now CLOSED until next summer  

Thumbnail by LazLo

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.