Cat question?

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

I have a cat named "flippy" and she has always been in good health until just a few days ago, when we noticed that her hair is falling out!! right above her tail like on her back bone. It was a small patch at first, but now it seems to be getting bigger!! the spot went from the size of a golf ball to the size of your palm!! we are soo low on money that my dh refuses to pay for a visit to the vet...so I need to see if anyone here has ever seen anything like this? It really looks like the "hot spots" my dog use to get years ago...but she is a inside cat. It doesn't appear to have any broken skin, just missing hair..and it's in a place where she can't be scratching it off. is there anything I can buy over the counter that will help her?
TIA
Mollybee

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!