Sinningia guttata seedlings.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

It's that time of the year again and I have too many seedlings...

If anyone wants a Sinningia guttata seedling as soon as the temperature has dropped a little, just write me a D-mail.

Oh, btw: My partner thought that they were Basil...

Thumbnail by bsimpson1972
(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

It's foliage is really pretty,but Basil....I don't think so LOL.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Maybe I should try it with tomatoes and mozzarella... LOL

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Well if you grind up certain illegal substances and put them in your spice cupboard you could accidently wind up with one heck of a dinner ...hee,hee

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

And maybe more than you bargained for... LOL Just like Marge Simpson said, when the people of Shelbyville put Acid into Springfield's water supply: "Oh, the walls are melting again..." LOL

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

I just discovered the first bud on one of the seedlings. Looks like there's a chance for all of them to start setting buds much earlier than I thought.

Thumbnail by bsimpson1972
Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

I have to apologize to everyone that I have promised to ship the seedlings to!

This last week has been crazy and I don't see it end until maybe Friday this week...

I'm so sorry to have to keep you all waiting just a bit longer... :(

Olaf

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

That's OK. They will grow a little bigger and be a little stronger.

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Better late than never is one of my motto's.LOL.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Good news everyone!

I've finally gotten around to shipping the seedlings. :)

Enjoy!

Olaf

Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

I got mine today! It was totally unexpected, so what a surprise! Its just got a slight amount of wilt. I put it in a 4" pot with moist peat, small orchid bark, and a lot of perlite. I put a gallon baggie over it until it gets used to the different environment. I was delighted to learn they only get 6-12" high. I had thought the guttatas got a lot taller. I have a feeling this is going to be a delightful plant! Thanks so much Olaf!

Randi

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Olaf, thanks so much. I got my seedling today too. It was also wilted. I put it in a small pudding cup with my violet seedling mix. It is in a covered tray with my violet babies. I'm sure it will perk up in a few days.

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Mine arrived really well, green, fresh and healthy, maybe because of cooler temps here. Very exited about my new sinn, thanks for sharing Olaf!

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Olaf,I received the seedling today.Very well grow.Thanks a bunch sweetie!

Jan

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

My little seedling perked up and is looking good. It's so cute. I hope it blooms quickly.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

I'm glad that everyone arrived in good shape. They're real easy to grow and might not even go dormant.

They all should be blooming in a few weeks. On the two seedlings that I kept, I noticed a considerable difference in color of the polka dots. One is very dark, almost black and one is standard dark purple.

Enjoy!

Olaf

Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

Mine still hasn't perked up :( But I'm hoping it will soon. I'm sure its the single digit humidity here, lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.