Mailbox to faucet

West Jordan, UT

This was a mailbox I had that was ran over by the mail man ! The box was broke off when it was ran over, so I cut a bigger hole where it was attached. I then ran some old pipe threw it and attached a hose bib and filled in the holes with bondo , sanded it and gave it a paint job. I first used some outdoor metal spray paint and put a dark burgundy base on it. Then I also took black metal spray paint and sprayed it onto the top of an old coffee can lid and used a stiff brush to apply the black paint on it. To highlight the edges and antique it. I think it turned out great. I was glad I was able to use it again. I wish I could find another one someone is throwing out to make another one. This is made out of aluminum. I left a piece of the support on the bottom that had a curl on so it can hold a bucket while filling it up with water! It seems to work great.

Thumbnail by bjohns
This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!