The Halloween Hop Swap! *sign up thread*

Pacifica, CA

yaaaay hat draw soon!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Sounds good with the hat. Easier for you. I can do either. I have been noting where good and scary are. Course I am drawn to things I like but I can shop for anything...rofl. There are just so many cool things out there.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Indeed!!!! I can't believe it's almost here! I have 2 acres of pumpkins to sell....

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh My Pumpkin bread , pumpkin cookies, Pumpkin Bars , MMMMMMMMMM A Person could maybe turn into a Pumpkin Patch with all those goodies :) I Tred to grow them here one year but the deer trompled them & ate the leaves or flowers they didn't do well .

Guys, I hate to do this but I have to drop out,,,have fun,,,,,,,,

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sorry to hear that Kris! Were going to miss you!

Mount Vernon, IL

I can't wait! I don't like gory, but anything else is great! Oops, not big on cats either. My dogs will freak out even if it isn't real, and then I will eventually find a "dead" kitty in the living room, :( my 7 year old keeps looking at the stores when we go shopping she says "we need this!" Lol, she is my daughter!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Aww. Sorry to hear this kris. :(

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

That's a LOT of punkin's!!!!!

Will miss u Kris!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Here's some of our punkins! :-D baby pans and Jack o lanterns
harvesting Saturday. Busy week. Hat drawing. Pumpkin pickin. Good times!

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Here's Dustin with some of the HUGE Jack o lanterns.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Here's some of the little guys! About the size of a baseball!

the little ones are so cute!

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

Time is running out , no tricks nor treats if you don't sign up.....

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Tomorrow is the last day of sign ups!!! Tomorrow night i break out the witch hat and pick partners....when I'm not busy pickin 500 pumpkins.... Lol
500 last night, what a workout!!!

WOW.....glad I'm not in your pointy-toed witches shoes!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes my back hurt just thinking about it!

Saw the surgeon today. Said it looked good even though it is still swollen. Stitches out, cast off ...... I'm back to flipping the world off with a wrap on just the finger. LOL But I am SURE GLAD to get that cast off!

http://www.not2crafty.com/2008/08/spooky-halloween-ghosts/

Check out this tutorial, how to make ghost! Pretty easy to do.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Oooh! I love those ghosts.
Man, I'm beat. Two loads of pumpkins yesterday, two more today. Ugh... I wouldn't trade it though. Nothing beats fall festivities and this little project of ours is taking us a step closer to my dream of having a pumpkin farm with the whole dog and pony show. Lol
glad you are healing Crit. What was the surgery for? Over extending your middle finger? Lol try to let it heal.

I use to stop at a farm on the way home a couple times a week and buy pumpkins all during the fall for my chickens, they love them. I only have a couple hens now so it takes them a bit of time to get thru a pumpkin.

Wonder if my Turkeys would eat Pumpkins Guess i should go out to the punpkin farm Haven't been there for a couple years . they take everyone for a hayride Through the corn field down along the river it is so beautyful .

I found a few things for whom ever is my partner :)))

lol outlaw. No, although that could happen. tee hee I was working with one of my horses loading and unloading in the stock trailer. The center gate rattled and kind of spooked her, so I was tieing the center gate back with a bungee strap. Had it all wrapped up tight and was getting ready to pull the 2 hooks together when she tugged on the rope and I lost hold of the hook. It unwrapped FAST and the hook caught my middle finger and ripped it open but good! (Guess you missed the pic I posted of it. lol) Went to ER and got stitches, then to see a hand surgeon the next week because of the numbness on the wound side and tip. I needed surgery. When he got in there, 3/4" of my nerve was gone. He put in a 2.5cm long tube and inserted each end of the nerve into it, with the hopes that will help the ends grow to each other and together to get my feeling back. He said this is a new procedure within the last year and has had great success. The tube will eventually be absorbed by my body. Was in a cast for 12 days and got it off yesterday. He did have to make and incision above and below the initial wound during surgery, but all things considered, it looks pretty good. I won't be doing any hand modeling, unless it is for a surgery article. lol

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Ouch! Bungees always scare me. For some reason I'm always convinced one will take my eye out. I remember reading about the numbness but i must have missed the pictures. Lol

ok on a whole other subject I'd like to file a complaint about these banner ads. Lately with a few specific ads the link height is longer than the ad itself and i can'tedit the top post or click skip to new without clicking the link! Ugh. I finally refreshed enough times i got a different ad and was able to edit. Ugh. Maybe it's just my phone though, but how frustrating. I feel like paid subscriptions should eliminate ads. Maybe I'm just out of touch with making money, hence I'm broke. L

I know...... they are irritating to me too. The cockroaches running around the screen was kinda cute, for a while ... but these are beginning to get not annoying but maddening. I agree with what you said. We need to tell Admin. about it. Banner ads, fine, but don't make them enlarge! Even though there is a little 'close' box in the lower right corner or the ad, I DON"T WANT TO HAVE TO MESS WITH IT! Can I hear an AMEN!?! ^_^

You can turn off the ads. Go to the home page and click on my info, scroll down on the left and click on manage my preferences. Then click on Ads, on the left side. Then click on unclick the boxes. No more ads!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Amen!!!
And hallelujah! I did NOT know that!!!! Awesome!!!!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

The witching hour is nearly upon us! Just want to remind all swappers that it's a good idea to get shipping confirmation on all packages, and take photos before you mail. This way just in case anything happens with cameras or our disgruntled postal workers we'll still be able to see your items. You can insure packages if you like, but it's not required. If you do put confirmation on your package please d-mail it to me privately so that privacy (& top secrecy!) is protected.
As soon as i give out partners I'll begin a new thread where we can post our treats!
If you haven't specified your tastes then do so soon so your partner can get a feel for what you'd like or dislike. Especially if there are allergies or sensitivities. I think most of us have ideas so far but throw us some hints so we can have a fun swap, and get to know each other better!
Hmmm anything I'm forgetting here? Lol stacked wood after an 8 hour day at work i kinda feel like a zombie! & i look like one too! Here's a 'zombie booth' photo from my Droid app. Lol

LOL outlaw..... love the pic, you don't look so bad. tee hee

I like spooky stuff, but not gorey stuff. Fun stuff is OK too. Guess that about sums it up! ^_^

I don't like gorey either. Spooky, and scarey are good but gorey is gross if that makes sense...lol

TOTALLY makes sense to me. My sentiments too.

Pacifica, CA

count down ladies! oh my i cant wait

I think we are all in the same boat, or is that pumpkin...lol, we can't wait....

Pacifica, CA

lol

Good IDea OUTLAW & If someone forgets where they Put the cam, We can always Post a Picture of what we sent ,

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Lol it wasn't my idea!!! I got it froth hostess of the last swap i was in. And sure enough someone had a broken camera. Lol
computers can be finikky from time to time. So especially if you know you have troubles let me know and I'll message your partner letting them know to take pics.
I no longer even own a computer, just me know& my Droid. It's simplified my life.

So the magic hat has picked the partners!!! When i get out of work I'll be messaging you guys your spooky swap pals. :)

i love my zombie man.

Woooo- hooooooooooooooooooooo or is that Woooooooooooo-boooooooooooooo. Can't wait to get my swapee's name!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

"You've got mail!" ;)
Everyone should have their swap partners!!! If not let me know and I'll message you.
Let the games begin!!!!
Oh yeah... I wanted to add that with magic hats "the third time is the charm"
Lol in case anyone here hosts a swap i don't know about you but the first time i forgot my own name, & several people were swapping back and forth. second time the last swapper got themselves as a partner lol finally it all worked out. :)

This message was edited Sep 16, 2011 9:13 PM

Pacifica, CA

yaaaaaay got my swap buddys name.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Partners have been given out and a new thread begins! Hop on your broomsticks and follow me here : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1220315/
....unless you're afraid. Muahahahah!!!!!!

This message was edited Sep 16, 2011 9:28 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.