The Halloween Hop Swap! *sign up thread*

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

*toccata and fugue plays*
Boo!!!!
Good evening guys and ghouls, and welcome to my 1st annual Halloween Hop Swap!
Allow me to introduce myself as your ghostess, Kelly; and invite you in (vampires welcome)
As the hallowed eve approaches there are preparations to be made!
No garden should be without gourds, pumpkin seeds, tombstones, scarecrows, owls and toads. No shrubery without spiderweb.
No door without wreath. No gardener without costumes, creatures, candles, black roses, candy and poison apples!
Mua Ha ha ha Haa!
& don't forget it's harvest time! Share what's being divided, or show off your homegrown gourds, Indian corn, homemade treats, or favorite local treats like cider or apple butter!

here is a link for some fun ideas of Halloween garden items you can send, get creative, get carried away Mua Ha Haa ha ha Haa!!!
http://www.clemson.edu/extfor/wildlife/The%20Halloween%20Garden.doc

And must be in no later than the 15th of September
Swap partners will be given on the 16th of September

Packages must be shipped (preferably with confirmation) no later than October 5th.

To be added to the swap please d-mail me with:
*your name
*your address

then respond here in this thread and let us know what kind of tricks and treats enjoy,
Tell us your scare style, are you the kinda person who puts out hay bales, or severed heads? This is so you don't unknowingly open a box that gives you nightmares for life!

If you have dietary restrictions, severe food allergies, you can mention them if you like, i feel we'll see a lot of treats in these boxes and I'd hate to send a bag of reeses pumpkins (my favorite ;) To someone with a peanut allergy.

Let the Halloween hop Swap begin!!!!
Bwhahahha!

Spooky swappers:
1) outlawheart81
2) Poisondartfrog
3) Deejay9
4) jab91864
5) crit
6) happgarden
7) tater55
8) irisluvr0252
9) candles4u
10) lizrainey
11) flowerchik1
12) schez
13) crissyr

This message was edited Aug 3, 2011 10:42 PM

This message was edited Aug 3, 2011 10:49 PM

This message was edited Aug 4, 2011 3:51 PM

This message was edited Aug 6, 2011 3:55 PM

This message was edited Aug 9, 2011 5:52 PM

This message was edited Aug 9, 2011 8:10 PM

This message was edited Aug 11, 2011 8:54 PM

This message was edited Aug 14, 2011 9:32 AM

This message was edited Aug 16, 2011 9:52 PM

This message was edited Sep 7, 2011 5:15 PM

This message was edited Sep 14, 2011 8:45 PM

This message was edited Sep 14, 2011 9:10 PM

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81

OMG,, I get to be first??? I am never first!!

I love everything about Halloween, candles with pumpkinspice scent, pumpkins with faces, webs full of spiders, ghosts and goblins, bring it on!!

Please no food items as we are sugar and fat restricted here,,,sigh

This message was edited Aug 3, 2011 8:23 AM

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

An elf and a poisondartfrog to start, pretty scary!
Who doesn't enjoy severed heads?
I like everything about the season: The colors, the harvest and the scary stuff, but I like plants best.
Oops. Gotta run. I am having my nails done this morning.

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog
(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

The Goblin Has arrived so all you other spooks move over & make room for my BROOM Closet is filled with great
fun time GIFTS FOR MY PARTNER:)

I will love anything my partner wants to share with me sure not fussy . but will say.
I love scarecrows , Gloves , pumpkins with faces, fall centerpieces,
apple cider , Donuts ,Cookies, pumpkin Bars, Hand or Dish Towels , Hot Pads ,Goulish shower gels,

I cannot do candles here but if you have a Battery operated lite of sorts that would be cool.
can't do perfumes ,

Love PLANTS or fall BULBS with Ghostly Names ,
As long as it is USEFULL OR EATABLE OR PLANTABLE I Will love it :)))

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Yay!!!! My first swappers are signing up and the pressure is on but my "spirits" are high!!! :) *this is Halloween! This is Halloween! Everybody scream!* sorry i have a tendency to burst into nightmare before Christmas carols 'this time of year' lol

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm in this sounds to be right up my alley!!!

I'm a skull freak in general. Have a tendency towards what most consider a darker side... skulls, gargoyles, crows.

Love plants with "dark" names or that are a deep rich red or black in color, fall bulbs are great. Chimes, anything that lights up is great.

Celtic, gothic, and pagan items appeal to me. All my tattoos are dragon related or celtic in theme. I'm in gemstones and rocks lately. I have an interest in herbs and the kitchen witch theme...lol.

No restrictions that I know of =0)

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Doh! I can't seem to find my way back to the address exchange! So for ease and certainty (in case of change of address, move, po box, etc) i better just have everyone d-mail me where they'll be in September/October.

go to the extra under the main home page then to the address exchange . easy as one two three once you learn it :) HEHE Took me awhile like 3 yrs before i even New there was one :))

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Click on the home page, click on the extra tab, then scroll down and click on the DG address exchange.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Look at all the great extras! Lol how did i never notice that?

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I have the Address Exchange saved in my favorites. But for some reason I now remember that it is www.davesgarden.com/address_exchange. Guess 'cause I had to look it up so many times. Mwahahahaha

Sending you my info Kelly.

Guess I'd better go pay up my subscription for another year. I'm about to run out. Hard to believe I've already been here a year. So glad I found this sight. I look at the others but haven't figured out the navigation, so always end up back here with my Sistah's.

Wow, I looked up the addy exchange and realized I never updated it when I ran away from home 2 yrs ago...lol.

It is now fixed.

Hope to see more ppl join the festivities =0)

Hey Judy, we used to live in Oscoda for 4 years. We were stationed at Wurtsmith Air Force base there. Originally from Grand Haven, Michigan.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

I need to update my subscription too! Now that i subscribed i don't think i can go back to not subscribing. :) why did i wait so long?

I Lived up in BARTON City Just North of OSCODA for about 10 yrs My Inlaws had the only flower shop in alcona county over in lincoln .

we have a nice rainy day my body is taken a break from gardenig :) so thought i would check in on you all :)
Look at this huge rain drop :)

Thumbnail by deejay9
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

That's gorgeous Susie! What is it? I am a sucker for foliage and nearly black plants! That's the perfect balance of both!

I have some black EE's look like that.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

What's a EE?

Elephant Ear

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh...duh... Lol i should have figured that out since my first thought was "looks like an elephant ear."
*slaps forehead*
Some days are slower than others....

Sign me up please? I don't decorate the house for trick or treaters, but would love small things for inside, or maybe things for the garden.

Wow it is a small world, not one but two ppl on the board that have been to Oscoda =0). The town isn't near as busy since the base closed and the economy is bad which doesn't help but to me it's a far cry better than the big city life.

I work with a gal that lives in Barton City, it's a long haul in the winter!!

~ Julie

I Ran the Small restrant back in 88-89 Many many years ago or so it seems :). Nice country up that way :)
sorry can't stay you all have a great day back later

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!! Praise God! Praise GOD!!!!!! We are getting some MUCH NEEDED RAIN. We are 22" behind for the year and things are burning up with the lack of water and 100*+ and 110*+ temps we have had this summer. I think I heard we have had 38 days like this already. Our normal for the year is 11 of 100+. Even some of my plants that I kept watered died just from the heat. I lost my Polly dog due to heat stress, even though she was a house dog, and only outside when I went out. :-( Temps today and tomorrow are only 90* and in the 90's all week. What a relief!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Yay!! We got pounded with rain today...and every day since my brother in law bought his motorcycle! LOL we want to go riding! :(
go buy a bike! It'll rain everyday. ;)

Glad to hear your getting rain. None here yet?

This message was edited Aug 10, 2011 6:02 PM

That's great OL. We got 3/4" last night/this morning, then it was cool and cloudy all day. Keep it comin'!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Not sure how much we got but it definitely cooled down. Cleared right up and ended up being a great night for a ride! It was a little cool for ice cream, but we can't resist! There was even a huge full rainbow and the clouds were just amazing tonight. I wish you more rain, so you can have rainbows too. (which go well with rainbow sprinkles!)
hope everyone had a great day.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Please add me! I'm not a fan of the goulish scary things but do like the pumpkins, Casper like ghosts, witches......I can't even watch the Halloween movies or any of the Freddie movies etc! Love the garden decor! Like candles...cinnamon, pumpkin and most fall scents (no vanilla please!), no perfumes/lotions. No allergies to peanuts. Love homemade banana bread or zucchini bread! Actually most anything homemade!

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Did someone say pumpkins? I like pumpkins too.

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog
Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww....not scary pumpkins! :)

We like sweet pumpkins, rofl.

Thumbnail by happgarden
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

I like sweet pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting..... :D

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Ohhhh good idea there outlaw! The best pumpkin is a cooked pumpkin, never ate a pumpkin I didn't like.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Pumpkin Ice Cream!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Not sure how well that would ship though! Lol

I made stuffed pumpkins for dinner one night last fall, they were great !!

Thumbnail by jab91864
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Oooh that looks yummy!!!!

Mount Vernon, IL

check out our tea light holder!

Thumbnail by candles4u

TO CUTE :) would love one of those :) I'm in the prossess of turning our Garage into a Winter home for all my tender plants so will have loads of room for any crazy type of decor :) anything i can use for a plant holder :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.