MMMM we've a maple what's with some leaf spottng

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

I put in a new tree this spring... into a planter on a roof top... the client is disturbed by this leaf spotting... and the disease whice will spread rampantly through out his garden... to me it looks like some leaf spots from watering .. or other stress or physical injury... but it's something that soon appears on the new leaves...
the tree sits mostly in full sun...
is this a disease condition.. is there anything to be done.. it was given some manure when it was planted...
Thanks

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

here's another few photos

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

and another of the entire tree...

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

to me it's just life in the outside.. my client wants it out.. that's no problem.. as he brought it in himself.. and I can understand it not looking sweet like in the spring with it's new red growths.. and havng a tree is a personal relatonship.. but does this baby have some dsease..
this is it again.. and other plants live

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i may be wrong - i think that looks like sun damage from water drops in the leaves. japanese maples are sensitive to the sun and those little magnifying droplets could be the culprit.

i have a lot of japanese maples here and that can happen

bill

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Looks like every JM in America around this time of year.
Maybe your client would bond better with an artificial tree?

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

thanks... WeeRobin/Wha... Yes.. that was my thought ... maybe with some support of my diagnosis he'd feel differently.. and/or support I can include with the tree's gift to someone elses garden...
It's not a all perfect world.. in growing... and we have things in life... that cause some stress and fleeting disfigureng... like aches and pains .. you have a body... and you're going to get them.. a trip every time to the dr to remove them... will soon have you in real trouble..

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Looks like very normal sun or wind damage for a maple - especially for a potted one at this time of year with all the heat you guys have had this summer. It's a shame the client isn't more forgiving because he could be missing out on some great fall color by getting rid of the tree.

(Zone 7a)

I wish mine looked that good. I agree with everyone. Crispy leaves are par for this time of year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.