Morning Glories 2011 #11

szarvas, Hungary

I like your trampoline Becky !
The last 2 pics ... super flowers !
Helena, DFNM ...which size ?

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

stunning blooms today from you today Becky.
here is one I found this am..

Thumbnail by joeswife

and this one..

Thumbnail by joeswife

there was a large pink open, but the pics too blurry to post.. these vines are growing on the arbor with passion vines, glorisa lillys and black eyed susan vines, so it is kind of a tangled mess to try to take pictures..

Thumbnail by joeswife

this one caught my eye..

Thumbnail by joeswife

this one was at the bottom inside the corner..

Thumbnail by joeswife
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank you Dany and Debra! (The 2 D's! LOL!)

Debra - Pretty blooms you've got going on, too! I really like the two blooms in this one: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8743464 I hope you will be able to get fully open bloom shots some time soon! They have really beautiful colors! Love them! ♥

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Becky, outrageous, gorgeous blooms you're getting. I'm so disappointed in the blooms I'm getting so I'll just enjoy your blooms and everyone else's. I love your trampoline, the lg lavender and those purple/blue blooms'are to die for.
Debra, your blooms are lovely. You're making up for lost time..:-)

Gautier, MS

Nice blooms Tony, good to see one from me.

Jackie, your blooms are pretty nice too. I think sometimes it takes a while for blooms to get going. Have you used Bloom Booster? I used Moisture control soil, I think that helped my vines too. That white & slight pink stripes is probably what I sent you, the blooms will vary & have more pink on them too.

Pretty blooms Becky, nice show!! How large was your DFNM Becky?

Dany, today's DFNM bloom was about 3 1/2 inches & it wasn't fully opened. Just had to measure it!!

Debra, nice pretty blooms you got going. It's nice to get rewarded after a long wait!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Had to move Blue Pearl & damage it in the process but it was a nice bloom!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A bloom from my pandy!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I'vre only used bloom booster once or twice. Everything is so dry, I'm afraid it will burn my vine. Oh welll, if they don;t bloom, I'm so mad I might just toss them anyway, lol. Lots of them got some good rain yesterday so those I can feed today or tomorrow. I;'ll let them dry out just a little.
Helena, I like your blue Pearl, don't remember seeing that one. Nice pandy. I'm still getting blooms too but my vine, the leaves, have suffered in this heat.

I'm so excited about Debra's large Red/Purple even though it was a messed up 1st bloom. I just know it's going to make some beautiful blooms. Love the color

Thumbnail by patootie

Helena - I like the blooms you posted today! The DFNM usually produces blooms around 4", but will be smaller as the vine ages. So tickled to see a Pandy bloom from your vine! I am jealous!

Jackie - If you are worried about burning your vines, just dilute the MiracleGro Bloom Booster. Maybe mix half the amount called for on the box. You do need something to spark the buds for your vines. Believe me, fertilizer will promote more flowers and you will be glad you did. You did a lot of work to germinate and grow them all, don't give up now! They WILL bloom for you! :-) Pretty bloom from Debra!

My label says light pink with darker pink star. I like it, thanks Ronnie

Becky, I will use the Bloom Buster, a generic.

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie - Love that bloom! Very nice and a great photo of it!

Thanks Becky. It is a nice pink.

Sds from my prettiest Saz from last season.

Thumbnail by patootie

Nice clear blue and white blooms! Your vines sure look healthy and holding up well despite the heat! It just rained here finally! Much needed!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie & Becky. I liked those blooms too.

Jackie, your blooms look beautiful!! I don't want you to give up either. Sometimes it just takes a little longer to get them blooming. I agree with Becky, your vines do look healthy. I use the genetic bloom buster too if the other isn't available where I live which happens a lot more than I like.

i love that light blue Saz, it is clearly a refreshing color and form, Jackie.
Nice Pandy, Helena.

Thanks Becky, Helena and Debra. I'll keep plugging along for a while.

Red moon vine, turbinata ?

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra.

Beautiful bloom Jackie, great picture! Looks like turbinate to me!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

@#2

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

@#3

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

@#4

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

@#5

Thumbnail by helenahkh
szarvas, Hungary

@#4...Your creation??

Gautier, MS

Dany no way, I only wish! It's Karen2005 Dark Dusky with white spokes! Hard to describe the colors.

Time for a new thread.
That Dark Dusky is gorgeous Helena. Never seen anything like it, a wonderful shock to the senses.
I love # 3 right above, love the great colors and the large star area.

To the new thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1208599

This message was edited Aug 9, 2011 3:40 PM

Jackie - Your red moonvine looks like Lavender Moonvine: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/69456/ Nice photo of the bloom!

Helena - I agree with everyone ... your dark dusky by Karen2005 caught my eye and jumped out at me! Great color! Your @5 is really nice, too! Are the color of those blooms lavender or more white?

Lost my post. Becky yes mine is really lavender. Someone shared this one with me and called it red
but it's the same. This is the longest I have grown this one without it dying. Its in a big pot and that might be
why it's survived this long.
Heres the pot

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie - The variegate leaf vine is sure pretty too! Love all those perfect leaves! :-) Mine look ratty now. Rust is back. Time to start more indoors! LOL!

Thanks Becky. I've seen some rust on a few of my pandy leaves.Don't know how, no more rain than we've
had. Unless the high humidity had a lot to do with it.

Jackie - I think it is the high humidity. Seems to help the rust grow and spread. :-( Rather than start anymore vines outside, I will be starting more indoors again. My current indoor vines are winding down.

You can see the rust on the leaves in this photo. It's that time of year again! LOL!

Thumbnail by beckygardener

After the rain, the I. indica vine blooms in a flush. I think the indica likes the acid from the rain.

Close-up of indica blooms! The blooms stay open most of the day. Wish I could cross this species with I. nils! :-) :-) :-) Wouldn't that be an upgrade for the blooming time?!!! LOL!

Oops! Just realized that I posted on the old thread instead of the new one. Ack!

One last photo and then off to the new thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1208599/

This vine bloom looks like it came out with it's boxing gloves on! Don't mess with it! LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.