Lilies in bloom

Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Lilies planted Fall 2009 from Scheepers "Raspberries and Cream" combination.
"Casa blanca" bloomed mid-July, about six feet tall.

Thumbnail by Romegrown
Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Another view of "Casa blanca."

Thumbnail by Romegrown
Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Stargazers and casablancas.

Thumbnail by Romegrown
Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Stargazer.

Thumbnail by Romegrown
Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Blooming a little later, last week in July, Heirloom lily var. rubrum.

Thumbnail by Romegrown
Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Close-up, very pretty speckled pink and white.
All three varieties are fragrant, especially the tall white ones.

Thumbnail by Romegrown
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8a)

Those are just beautiful! I especially like the Casablancas! The repurposed trellises are very charming - I need to do some hunting for something like that. I love whimsy in the garden.

Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Cindy, I was very pleased with the casa blancas; actually very pleasantly surprised that they were so tall and fragrant. They do need some support --- fortunately, my husband is a welder.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I love lilies and used to grow a large variety at our first house but couldn't keep the chipmunks out of them here.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I love the fragrance of the casa blanca, as well as the stargazer... lilies are SO beautiful!

Guyton, GA(Zone 8b)

What is name of the pink and white speckled? That is gorgeous! My husband even thought it was pretty!

Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

clyyoung1, I ordered these lilies from JH Scheepers; their website lists this just as: Heirloom lily, var. rubrum and doesn't give a cultivar name.

Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Searching the plant files, I think it is probably --- lilium, speciosum rubrum, cultivar, "Uchida"

Guyton, GA(Zone 8b)

Thankyou! I found them. I have an order coming in from them this fall. I think I may have to add this one on.

Cartersville, GA

Barbara, your lilies are beautiful! I bet it smells like a perfume factory when they are in full bloom. Several years ago I had several different colors, but they just quit coming back. My husband mentioned earlier this summer about us getting some more. I had forgotten about it. I will start searching and planning which ones to add next spring. I also like the supports that your husband has made. You have given me an idea for clematis supports!

Doris

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Beautiful lilies. Love the background trellis. I need to get mine planted in the ground.

Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Doris, let me know when I can come over and get the day lilies --- the verbena you shared with me has taken root and looks good inspite of the lack of rain recently.

Cartersville, GA

Barbara, how about mid September? Maybe it will have cooled to the upper 80's by then. Sure wish we all could get some much needed rain. I am glad the verbena is living. It has flourished here getting watered frequently. I have had to pull some up and throw it away which I hated to do. Otherwise, it would have overrun the daylilies.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.