Driftwood Containers

Vieques, PR

OK, I admit being totally aghast at the convertible full of driftwood she brought home from North Carolina (to DC).

But it's made some pretty nice containers --hope you enjoy the pix.

Thumbnail by JPlunket
Vieques, PR

another

Thumbnail by JPlunket
Vieques, PR

at far corner of pool

Thumbnail by JPlunket
Vieques, PR

under the cocktail table

Thumbnail by JPlunket
Vieques, PR

in the passageway

Thumbnail by JPlunket
Vieques, PR

by the ice chest

Thumbnail by JPlunket
Vieques, PR

Main challenge with some of these pieces was choosing a location where impalement risk would be minimized.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Each piece is so beautiful and your non-impaling placement is wonderful. She did a great job of collecting!

I'm another driftwood lover and have a few photos as well. The largest piece was one we had to borrow a truck to get home but we have many more. I'll take photos of those that I've missed.

I've also collected small pieces for a frame on a mirror that I'll "get around to" someday.

Thumbnail by pirl

Love the "bird" I found!

Thumbnail by pirl

Now we have our own truck and this is just a minor load from last October. Many pieces just don't look as great as when they are placed in a garden.

Thumbnail by pirl
Vieques, PR

excellent, pirl!

Vieques, PR

just don't want DW to get the idea of our own truck....

I do!

It's really great fun.

Here's an old eBay photo that provided the inspiration for me for a mirror that I bought for a dollar at a thrift shop. Note the price of $39.99 online.

Thumbnail by pirl
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Nice haul beautiful placement.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

JP, and Arlene, interesting. I'm glad I'm not alone in collecting driftwoods. Though, I think those that we find around the coast are studier than from river? I'm nearby a lake, and most driftwoods aren't as tough. Though their shapes are interesting all the same.

The irregular "impaler shape" dark, wet one was just pulled out from the water this morning. lol

Thumbnail by Lily_love

That definitely qualifies as an impaler!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I don't think that one is a keeper. It's very thin and really dangerous looking. I like the one that shaped like a bird that you've found better.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Its legs are too weak.

Alexandria, VA(Zone 7b)

I love it, it's very sculptural...wish I could add some to my garden, but my puppies will drag around any piece of wood they find (all the firewood), maybe when they're older...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.