The little Bowiea that could :)

Phoenix, AZ

On July 1st I posted a pic of this one With the bigger squishy one. It had two tiny sprouts emerging. It is crazy the rate that this tiny thing is growing. I bought a small stake for it last week and didn't get around to potting it up and staking it. The stake is too small now :( Holy Cow! What to do? I have a cone shaped wrought iron hanging basket that might fit over the kitchen sink. I guess I could twine it up the chains? I've measured it on some days and it was growing more than 1 inch a day.... The big squishy one is in quarantine sprinkled with cinnamon. Looks like it is putting out new roots.

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ

For comparison, the pic taken on July 1st

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

It looks like it is heading for the 15 feet as described in the PF comments by someone from Australia!

Phoenix, AZ

Uh oh

Fort Wayne, IN

Wonderful Fish_knees, it looks very nice. If you could find a bamboo U shaped you could use that for a compact support.

Yardley, PA

For supports I have taken apart metal coat hangers and shaped them into a U shape. Good work with the bulbs!!

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I posted this picture on another place but I have had this close to 4 years , it does nothing but grow this Vine, I am tired of it, I keep cutting the vine shorter as it gets long and stragely. is this all it does?

Thumbnail by kareoke
Yardley, PA

Wow, that is one happy plant with all that vine!

Decatur, GA

kareoke,
When mine makes a long vine I wind it around itself and it makes a 'cloud' of green fluffy vine. I think its great looking. With some fertilizer and sun it will make tiny little star shaped green flowers.
Helen

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I put ming outside in the sun now it's not doing anything, never have seen flowers on it.

Decatur, GA

Becareful with the sun. I put mine outside not long ago and it got sunburned and turned mushy on the burned side. I scraped all the mush off and put cinamon on the wet parts. That stopped the deterioration in its tracks. It is now back inside near a bright/sunny window and putting up several new vines. The cinamon makes it smell nice. I think I will keep mine inside year round.
Helen

Yardley, PA

I don't think they like full sun. They also aren't fond of high temps. It is one of the few plants I keep inside during the summer. They usually are dormant in the summer anyway. They are winter growers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.