Coneflowers in Washington State

Lake Stevens, WA

My cones are just starting the show. This is 'Day Dream' I think I finally have a yellow that will not die!!

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

'Irresistible'

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

'Secret Lust'

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

This is my 3rd 'Tomato Soup', If this one dies this winter no more for me.

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

Promises for the weeks to come.

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

This is 'Hope'

Thumbnail by springcolor
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Nice. I'll say a prayer for your Daydream. The yellows from Terra Nova are the weakest little things. The oranges are better but not much. For a good orange/red try "Hot Summer" or "Hot Papaya."

Lake Stevens, WA

Thanks! I have those 2 also but not in bloom yet. Lots of these are 2nd year plugs from Warren.

Lake Stevens, WA

This was a mix seed PK. So no name

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

From the same seed PK.

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

Some Magic Box seedlings. Getting bigger!

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

One that is going to bloom. Planted in the greehouse January.

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

Seedlings from my collected seeds. Growing but no blooms. Come on sun. Like to see what kind of blooms I get.

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

This is the whole bed, Magic box on the left and my seeds on the right. Not sure if you can see. Tomato plants in there too.

Thumbnail by springcolor
Hamilton, OH

Nice collection.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Looking good! I want Irresistable. I also want the new one for next year called Southern Belle. My Magic Box seedlings are doing good but I probably won't get blooms this year.

Lake Stevens, WA

Thanks for the nice comments. We will see how Irresistable does this winter. Going to look that new one up.

Lake Stevens, WA

'Hot Papaya' putting on the best show.

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

'Sunrise' This has been my best yellow. 'Maui Sunshine' bit the dust.

Thumbnail by springcolor
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Looks like my 'Maui Sunshine' is also dead. :*(

Lake Stevens, WA

This is Summer Sun and near by Choc. Cosmos. I think It is a great combo.

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

Looks like these are the last days for the coneflowers. Do any of you do anything special to winterize your cones? I put compost down.

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

'Raspberry Truffle' I like the color of this one. Who am I kinding like them all.

Thumbnail by springcolor
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I really do like the 'Raspberry Truffle', does it perform well? Looks like it does!

Lake Stevens, WA

This is my first seson with it. We shall se if it sirvives the winter.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Sounds good. I have a few new ones too, keeping fingers crossed!

Hamilton, OH

it's hard to look at gardens that don't know that fall is here. That is way to much green.. without a least some plants finishing up.. especially the echs. :(

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I have a new liner I got the first of Sept. and it just bloomed a couple of weeks ago and still has the bloom on it. I got a bud on secret lust but I don't know if it will actually open or not. One good way to cheer your self up when every thing seems to be going down hill and dyeing is to have some fall blooming plants and plants for winter interest like evergreens. My Camellia bush is full of blooms and one opened yesterday! Gloriously excited here!
The liner that bloomed was Amazing Dream, here is picture.

Thumbnail by virginiarose
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

This is first flower on Camellia bush!

Thumbnail by virginiarose
Lake Stevens, WA

Yes those are great. This is a slow time of year. Lots of stuff needs cutting back and the beds too bare. What does everyone do with there coneflowers for the winter. Can't remember what I did last year. After the first freeze do you cut back or just leave everthing for protection and clean up in the spring. I have a clematis putting on a small show.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I really don't do anything except snip off some seeds if I wish to keep some. My clematis is still growing but not blooming. I did not see many flowers this year but looking forward to next year should be a good show !!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.