Yea baby!!! Rain!

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

We've gotten 5" of rain in the past 24 hrs and should be getting more today.
Just in time, my rain barrels were getting pretty empty.
Barb

Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie
Johns Island, SC

I'm with you, Beach-Barbie! I got an incredibly welcome 2 1/2" today! In the nick of time! But just 5 miles away, they got 7"! I could have easily handled 7"...we are that dry. Feel like I just dodged a bullet...waiting for the next one!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I got about 2 inches and it was cloudy and drizzly all day yesterday which means it soaked in instead of run off!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

3' over the past 24 hours here and it is still drizzling. WooHoo

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Since yesterday morning we got another 1/2" and we should get more storms today.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I'm so happy for you Alice! I know you were really hurting for rain!

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

I don't have a rain meter but was thrilled with the downpours the last two days from mother nature! First time in weeks I didnt have to get up early to spend 30 mins watering plants before work. And I can tell they appreciated it as well!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Got 1.5 inches here yesterday! Like you, I'm so glad I don't have to water today!

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

We got 0.5" and might get more today.

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

5.5 wow...

Thumbnail by rednyr
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

WOW indeed!

Sumter, SC

And I was thrilled my backyard got an inch. It's good to know it's possible to rain that heavily in Sumter County. Sometimes I swear the act of my obsessively tracking storms as they morph through town deflects them from my area. Just hope it's not bad karma - LOL, sort of.

This message was edited Aug 1, 2011 7:04 PM

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

Jeannie - lol I hear ya! when I lived in Newberry the storm path always seemed to be via my yard - my mom who lived about a mile away wouldn't get a drop and I'd flood...must be a Noah Karma connection lol

Sumter, SC

That's it, red! I must begin plans to build a zen inspired ark - LOL.

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

LMAO yep that'll do the trick :)

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Emily...come on girl!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy! No hand watering tonight!

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

Yay for you Anne! Looks like within the hour we will get hit here...have a large cluster moving southeast from northwest of Winnsboro to Cola ...guess I better jump in the hot tub now LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.