Looking for Christmas Cactus

Plymouth, PA(Zone 5b)

Does anyone have a small piece of Christmas Cactus (pink, Yellow or Orange) they would be willing to let go of for postage?
thanks
tamlamb

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

tamlamb, i dont think now is a good time to send christmas cactus...i may be wrong...but i think everyones are getting ready to set buds....mines not....it took quite a beating this past summer, too much sun....i will have some next summer.......2 different colors.......sorry i couldnt help...cindy

Plymouth, PA(Zone 5b)

HI Cindy

Thanks for writing, I wasnt sure when the best time to cut them was. Doesnt hurt to ask and atleast now I know. :)
tamlamb

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi gang,

Brommon is absolutely correct. While mine don't usually bloom 'til late Nov., I start their forced dark evenings at the end of Oct. (& just now gave 'em a good gulp of fertilizer to get started).

Tamlamb, you're also right, never hurts to ask (& often the reading audience learns something too).

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

i think im gonna go and read up on them also...i have had mine for over 4 or 5 yrs and it has not bloomed after the first time i got it...lol...it has grown though....lol...i dont think i left mine out long enuff for it to have gotten that taste of the cold....ill check it out...cindy

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

i still have a couple of cuttings left of mine if youre interested. has to prune a large one as it was falling over from being too side-heavy. may not have been the best time, but shame to waste the cuttings. lmk if you want one

lil

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.