Morning Glories 2011 #10

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1196674

Thumbnail by patootie

I planted 3 no Mai's. This one doesn't look anything like a no Mai/ Its a 2 and 1/2 inch bloom and typically no Mai is over 4 inches in diameter for me. So I don;'t know what this is or if it could be a cross.
Sorry for the blurry pic. Don't know why I only took 1 photo

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty Jackie, it's always nice to get something new and unexpected!

A new bloom, with more to come that I hope open without my help.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Pink & white bloom

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Silver Wolf with blizzard

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Pink Porcelain x Choco mix

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Blue tie dye

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A few blooms from today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

2 for Tsukiyono

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

This one is for you Jackie! Hope you are OK, not usual for you to be absent.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A light lav.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Pink Porcelain today!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Jackie & Helena - Love all those amazing blooms!

Jackie - Interesting Mai bloom! It must be a cross, as it doesn't look anything like the name cultivar! Lovely cross!

Helena - Neat new bloom! Love that tie-dye! And all your pastel blooms are so delicate looking! They are all beautiful!

Beautiful blooms Helena. You know I love the soft pinks. :-)
My computer has been out since Sat night. Just repaired this afternoon.

Finally a healthy no Sora bloom.

Thumbnail by patootie

Weird Saz

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie - I just love that Weird Saz cross of yours! Just as beautiful this year as it was last year. :-) Lovely no Sora, too! :-) Do I detect that you are liking the blues more and more? hee, hee ...

My vine of Aomuraski Youjiro Blizzard from Helena (F1) which appears to be a wonderful cross has been blooming a lot! Even though the youjiro gene produces blooms in the 3-4" range, the vine has been blooming abundantly so it sure makes a lovely statement! This collage shows some of the different blooms I am getting from it! I just love it! Helena, thank you so much for sharing this beautiful cross of yours!

Thumbnail by beckygardener

Helena's Mauve Splash F1 is coming true from the change it did last year in the blooms. Such a neat cross! I love these busy looking flowers!

This is a pretty volunteer that is growing in a nursery pot! Quite a large bloom! I always love these large lavender blooms. Every MG that I have grown with this color of bloom has produce these elegant flowing blooms! :-)

Debra - I saw the field of Pandurata you showed in a photo somewhere here on this forum and also the close up of a few blooms. Maybe it was under Jackie's thread. But I wanted to tell you that all those Pandy's are so cool looking! What a treat! I hope you had a lovely visit with your sister. :-)

This is the second bloom on this NOID I. nil vine that looks like this. The first bloom I just assumed was either split by insects or the wind. But apparently that is not the case. It seems to be showing off a split bloom gene. I like the split/hige look on the I. purpurea vines, but I don't think they look as nice on the I. nils. They look like pompoms on the purpureas, but on the nils they just look like wind damage to me. So even though this is unusual, it's not something I am that excited about. Just my personal preference.

Oh rats! I forgot to add this photo to my Aomuraski Youjiro Blizzard collage. This is showing the dark pink that sometimes shows up in the blooms. Just a really interesting and fun cross! I'm enjoying this one very much! ♥

This is another volunteer that may very well be 'Hatsu Arashi'. The leaves look like that's what it is. This is a neat comparison between a MG bloom and a Brugmansia bloom. I just got a kick out of this photo!

Fuji Kawata! This cultivar has charmed me since early Spring! It is growing up my Cape Honeysuckle tree. The tree is now just about all filled out again with leaves, but these Kawata vines bloomed abundantly and produced seeds which have dropped back down into the container. I have more than a dozen volunteers now growing again! Whoo hoo! Let the party begin! LOL!

This is photo of all the volunteers sprouting. Looks like maybe 2 dozen. It's a big pot so we'll see how that many do together. It will probably produce smaller blooms or I will just have to pull some of the excess sprouts out of the pot.

I walked away from the blue blooming mg and the brug and heard the familiar sound of a hummer. I turned around and saw it nectaring from the blue MG. Naturally I couldn't get my camera turned on and focused fast enough to get the hummer at the bloom before it sped off. Grrrr ... But this is the photo of the bloom with pollen blown down on the petals.

So if you don't know whether hummingbirds use MGs as a nectar plant, be assured that they do indeed! Which is another reason I garden organically. I hate pesticides and especially the ones that are systemic such as the Bayer 3 in 1 treatments. There is strong belief that these products that are systemics are absorbed into the plants cellular structure. Anything that feeds on their fluids ingests the toxins. I would hate to see the hummingbird and butterfly population decline because gardeners are using these products. So think twice before even considering such a product!

I use the "bucket of death" that Teresa uses. Fill a small bucket with soapy water and then just flick the bad bugs into the water. I've conquered an army of milkweed bugs doing that! And you should see all the Monarch butterflies coming into my yard lately! The party is here currently! LOL!

Becky, thank you. Absoluteluy incredible blooms you're getting and so glad we all get to enjoy them with you.
I love the AoYoujiro Blizzard sporting so many different looks. Its a beauty and a great bloomer too
Reminds me of the your LYK cross that was an incredible bloomer for me a couple of yrs ago. Blooming like crazy on my shaded porch, simply amazing. I've got to find those sds, I would love to plant one now for later blooms.
Great Mauve splash, Hatsu Arashi and soft Lavender bloom.
Becky I have a Fuji Kawata but with no sign of buds. Lots of my others also have no buds, guess I'm going to'feed them, I'm desperate :-)

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie - Thank you! You know what ... I forgot about how prolific the Youjiro (gene) blooms! You are so right! It's a good gene if you want lots of blooms or awesome bloom flushes. I remember the LYK went over the top with blooms several times when I grew one on a trellis. What a sight to see! Good memories! Thanks for bringing that point up! :-)

Two words, my dear ... fertilize with Bloom Booster! I swear by that stuff! :-) And then stand back with your camera ready!

What is the beautiful pink striped bloom? Nice one! Looks like a large bloom, too!

Becky, that was another no Mai bloom, thank you. It was a large bloom between
4 and 5 inches across. Now to find my bloom buster, :-)

Mesilla Park, NM

Jackie, that last one was very nice. Some of those look so creamy....

Mesilla Park, NM

Helena, you have some of the most beautiful mgs this year that I've seen, I was looking through the other threads and just couldn't believe some of your photos... just beautiful.

Becky, you also have some really nice culitivars going there. I got a couple of tiny flowers, nothing big here, A Fuji no momo reverse tube, gotten several reverse tubes again this year, don't know why...

Thumbnail by Gourd

Thank you, Antoinette! I love your Momo reverse tube! That looks really cool! ♥ What a lovely bloom! :-)

Thanks A, I'm pretty sure my no Mai was from your sds. I planted 2 Fuji no Momo's this spring, already
lost one of them. Yours is especially beautiful, love the soft color.

A nice Milky Way this morning.

Thumbnail by patootie

No Sora cross. I like it but it's different from the original cross.

Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

beautiful blooms, Jackie.
gosh A. that reverse tube is cool!

Mesilla Park, NM

thanks, I don't know what is happening to my mgs again, but they sure are cute.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

This is another cutie...

Thumbnail by Gourd

aw, I love that last one. It is Cute.

Mesilla Park, NM

Are you all starting more mgs now? Anyone? I may start some in the ground as soon as we are done shoveling gravel..

I have some mgs here on this cattle panel, purpureas, cordatotriloba, and some volunteer Calestegia and arvensis I think, from some top soil we purchased. I'm signing off the computer, we are getting some lighting and storms, the carrier seems to go off and on..

TTYL.
A.

Thumbnail by Gourd

that is beautiful! yes, I am always starting mg seeds.. some to bring in for winter, some hopefully to bloom by october here.

I want to start a few that are getting old A, before it's too late for germination.

Edited to say thanks Debra.
A I love your small bloom too, cute little size.

This message was edited Jul 28, 2011 11:48 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.