Ivy/plant covered chair?

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

I have a couple of (plastic) rattan rockers, which were not sun resistant & the rattan has broken & cracked away to the point where they're unusable & unattractive, but the frames are clearly wood & wicker. I love the lines of these chairs & thought they would make nice garden ornaments, if I grew/covered them with foliage.

My initial idea is to cover them with chicken wire over moss and put a shallow container on the seat with ivy or some similar creeping plant. Am I being too simplistic? Is this really as easy as I envision or am I wishfully thinking? Also, is ivy the best candidate for this?.... or sedum or? I have a small leafed, light green plant, which I'm sure I saw somewhere labeled as hedera - the leaves aren't traditional ivy shape, but the original single cutting has spread to cover a 25' x 5' planter in about 2 years & I thought it would be a good candidate for this project.

Anyone have any wisdom, suggestions or links that might be helpful?

TIA!

Liz

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!