What clematis's bloom in Aug??

Harleysville, PA

My jackimani clematis is ending it blooms and was wondering what blooms now into sept?? Any suggestions?

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

Most of the type 2 will rebloom in the fall.

Big Flats, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi, I have Noibe, Mme. Julia Correvon, Hagly Hybrid, Durandii, Viticella,and the best ones for me this crazy summer Venosa Violicae and Arabella. Have fun everybody! Lee Sherwood McDonald

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Somehow I've missed Arabella in my clematis hunts, Lee. It's lovely scrambling through shrubs!
http://www.gardenvines.com/shop/small-flowered-clematis-4/clematis-arabella-47.html

Do you have any photos of yours?

Big Flats, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi,This is my 2 y.o. Arabella,and I have more pics but I am not used to uploading here. Have fun on this cooler morning! Lee Sherwood McDonald

Thumbnail by GREENSIDEUP

Thanks for the photo, Lee. That's a lovely shade of blue.

Athens, PA

Roguuchi is still going strong...

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

What about cutting back the clematis by 2/3rds to get another flush of blooms. I did it for the 1st time this year, thanks to the recommendation on this forum, and I now have more blooms on Crystal Fountain and my NOID. I didn't know that this could be done, and I'm very excited to see more blooms so late in the year on vines that would have only bloomed once. I believe the credit for this recommendation goes to pirl ;0). Annette

Thanks, Annette. If it was me who said it, I just don't recall. Good clematis growers do cut back by half to 2/3's, Annette, but I didn't get to doing it this year since I kept waiting for the lazy bloomers (but exuberant growers) to bloom after our cool spring. The only one that did was Omoshiro. I have one lonely bud on one of the Crystal Fountain clem's but Irene could easily rip it off tomorrow.

Good luck to all in the path of Irene and to all who will be affected by her winds.

Thumbnail by pirl
Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

pirl, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. We pray that everyone who lives in the northeast suffer no harm, or damages to their homes. Annette

Thank you, Annette. We are ready and hope no harm comes to anyone. It's falling limbs that will be a problem. It's almost a guarantee power will go out so if I don't post it will be due to power outages and doesn't mean I went to clematis heaven!

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I did not cut mine back either pirl. I was waiting like you for the first blooms on some...lol
Hopefully next year will be a better growing season for us with the Clems. But the weather affected more than just my Clems this year. It just gives me someting to look forward to next spring.

Funny how we both believed the clem's would bloom, Marie. Since the storm and our downed trees many of mine will get much more sun so I'm putting my faith in 2012 being a great year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.