News from Japan Part 2

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

The first thread has gotten long, so will continue it here! We came from this thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1163573/

Jon - So glad that things are starting to improve where you are at! I am also glad to know that you are growing a few MG vines, too! You have to admit that flowers do make the future seem hopeful and brighter! I know that Japan is on the mend and pray it is a speady recovery for your family and those affected from the disasters.

Jon, I actually had a strange colored one too. Kinda like yours.

Thumbnail by mekos
Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Hi Jan so good to see you post!! I have to say myself and others have been more than a little concerned.
How is your son now?

Jon

Hi Jan! Good to see you posting! I love your pink bloom! I believe it might be Sun Smiles: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/49887/ The blooms come in several different colors. I had some pink blooming vines, like in your photo! :-)

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

One in the same thing I believe or at least very similar.

Thumbnail by Jiny

Hmmmm ... similar color of bloom but different leaves. The Sun Smiles has variegated leaves or at least mine did! And it looks like Jan's does too. Yours reminds me of one of my LYK crosses. The leaves remind me of the youjiro gene leaves on the LYK vines. Very pretty, Jon! Whatever you and Jan have are sure lovely blooms! :-)

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Yep I can see that too, mine is a volunteer no doubt a cross but I like it!

Me, too! Love those crosses!☻

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Pretty blooms Jan and Jon.

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Thanks patootie! Coming from you praise indeed!

Mesilla Park, NM

Jon, very nice color there... is that one also a short vine (sun smiles)?

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Hi A, yes it's very short at the moment (sun smiles will do as an ID for me)

Thanks you guys, mine has verigated leaves and bloom a different shade of color at times. Not a bright pink at all, kinda like a little chocolate mixed in, but seeds came from JON or Becky. I put 3 different plants in one big pot and have different colored blooms all twirled together. I love it. Jon, I am happy you are doing well. My son is doing good now. Thanks.
I have had a few very good friends to pass away and just been depressed and not too much up for talking. BUT I love my flowers. Have a great day everyone! God bless you all.

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

God bless you too Jan, I'm happy your enjoying your blooms.

Mesilla Park, NM

Jan, me too, have had a couple of friends pass away also, and one currently with cancer. Just too devastating.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Becky, I'm catching up now, so here's new picture of the MGs a month ago.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

A UFO I thought I've lost..

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Gorgeous bloom and color. (course I am partial to blues) :-)
I think mine have ended for this year except for my doubles. Those are going still going strong. But it is dropping into the 30's in a couple days so I'm sure they will end then, thanks to you Becky and Jon, for the seeds, this year has been wonderful for me. I have enjoyed every bloom.

Thumbnail by mekos
(Zone 7a)

Y'all, Jon has a support thread here, in "Prayers for Jon, Mariko and all of Japan" here - http://cubits.org/cjr/forums/view/japanlandoftherising/ . He has left DG, and will be very much missed.

I'm not clear on Becky's situation, but her life has some new pressures and complications and they may have something to do with why she is not currently posting here. She can be contacted by dmail or cmail or tmail or email. Becky, wherever you are right now, here's hoping your garden still gives you much joy.

Extending sympathy to those of us who have lost someone we love and hope to everyone.

karen

Karen, thanks for posting the thread here for those who don't know and for the news about Becky.
We're here for you Becky, sending hugs and prayers!
Thanks, Jan! Yours is gorgeus too, love the variegated leaves !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.