A rare look into nature

Marlborough, MA(Zone 5b)

I love having several flower gardens.sure the flowers are lovely and growing the plant is very rewarding.
But, it is my contact with nature that continually amazes me. I love the birds, the chipmunks, the bunny that only eats the dandelion leaves and never bothers anything else.
We have named him, "Little Bunny Phoo-Phoo" (my 3yr old grand daughters idea) who actually lays on the patio within a couple of feet of us.
I had the chance (and honor) to come accross a female "jumping spider" that is living in our mailbox. I grabbed the camera and while taking some close-up shots discovered that she has tons of babies.
It was totally amazing! I try to respect most wild life and I am going to keep a close eye on mom and family.
Following is a couple of the family photos.
Chuck

Thumbnail by dogwalker
Marlborough, MA(Zone 5b)

Another view inside mailbox

Thumbnail by dogwalker
Marlborough, MA(Zone 5b)

The nursery

Thumbnail by dogwalker
Marlborough, MA(Zone 5b)

"Little Bunny Phoo-Phoo"

Thumbnail by dogwalker
Thomaston, CT

Those are amazing photos! How does your mail carrier feel about the spiders? Speaking as a former mail sub, they really freaked me out if I found them in the boxes....which I did. However, they were better than the yellow jackets!

Marlborough, MA(Zone 5b)

I don't think he knows about it. Most days he just hands me the mail while we swap jokes.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hey Chuck!!!! How ya doin'???

Great spider shots even though they give me the wileys

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice, Chuck. How are you? Great to see you posting!

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

The birds, the chipmunks, the bunny all good, we have a few bunnies, (they multiplied from 1 to 4 this year), the adults sit within a few feet of us at our patios and the young are learning the 'ropes', This year, so far they have done no damage at all to our plants.
- Spiders and insects however, cool ...granted, all part of nature. - just dont like em personally, - but nice shots nonetheless.

New Boston, NH

Certainly can identify with your observations on nature,Most things I plant have an attraction to an insect,bird,whatever it is an addictive lifestyle.I often keep the deck lights on to obseve all the insect it attracts at night,some are really neat and all have a place.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.