applique a 1920's Dresden plate

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Received over 30 Dresden plate for a wedding gift in 1961. It was pieced in the 1920's. After all these years I have decided to attempt to applique onto squares and piece a quilt. I need help. First of all, I appreciate that this was made with such perfection way back when. I do not want to compromise it in any way. But, I am not a hand needle person. Do everything on the Brother 7500 and the Baby Lock serger.
I do have the blanket stitch on the machine but am stymied by how to turn under the raw edges without taking the rest of my life to do it.
I know all of the long, hard ways but am looking for a miracle. Hoping someone here has come upon a shortcut. Not really thinking there could be short cut to do it right, but one can always dream.

I do know how to cut the blocks, sashing and all that. It is turning under the curved edges that is bothering me.

This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!