Orange Meadowbrite

Rochester, NY(Zone 5b)

I have had this orange coneflower for several years and just love it. I love orange flowers (and coneflowers of course) but this year, Orange Meadowbrite is pink! Did it revert to one of it's parents? It is definitely the same plant. It is even larger in size than last year. The flowers have the same reflexed shape just pink. Has anyone else had this happen? Any information would be appreciated.

Jamestown, NY(Zone 5a)

I have both pink and orange on what I am pretty sure is the same plant. Due to our extreme heat and lack of rain, I have not tried to separate any of it. I am just keeping an eye on the plant.

Rochester, NY(Zone 5b)

Thank you so much for the response. I am wondering if it had something to do with the winter; last winter was the coldest winter since I've had the plant. It was big and full and orange last summer. I also thought about digging it up and moving it because I don't want any more pink in that area of the garden but, it is already stressed with this hot dry summer so I will just leave it where it is and see what happens.

Jamestown, NY(Zone 5a)

Ditto here, since I live about 4 hours away from you. I have found out that the colors on my purple are more vivid then I ever remember them and my yellows are retaining their color very well. I am not sure if winter is to blame for the color change or the variety reverts back.

Rochester, NY(Zone 5b)

Funny, I thought the same thing about my purple coneflowers but then I can't remember their exact shading from year to year so I wasn't sure.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.