Mopping Floors is no Longer a Dreaded Chore!!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I replaced all my carpet with hardwood and tile. Being an avid gardener tracking in dirt, mulch and debris AND owning two hairy beasts is just too much for carpet. My carpet was just never clean. I love being able to sweep my floors, but mopping was a chore I dreaded. A Clorox Ready Mop made it a little easier, but it was still a chore.

On 4th of July, I found independence when my little sister came for a visit. She brought a Shark floor steamer and showed me how easy it is to steam clean my floors. I bought one that very day. OMG, I just love my new toy! I don't mind mopping at all now. And my floors have never been cleaner. I use this thing a couple times a week. My roommate and I divided up the household chores and I took over the sweeping and mopping.

My sister has the Shark that is just the floor steamer. She talked me into buying the one that is a vacuum and steamer too. The problem with the vacuum is that it doesn't have a hose to reach under the furniture, so it's easier to sweep my floors than vacuum them. The dog hair tends to fly under the tables and couch. The vacuum is also loud and annoying. The steam/vac does have a bigger pad than the plain steamer model--about twice as big. I got mine on Ebay, but my sis got hers at Walmart. She paid the same price for hers as I did mine ($60). So if you want the steam/vac, check Ebay. I highly recommend the Shark. Had I not tried it out first, I wouldn't have believed it would be so great. I love my clean floors!!

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!