Stash

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

After my mother being gone from me for some 7 1/2 years I have finally been rummaging through her stash. Yesterday I took a quilt that she had in the frame when she died, March 31, 2004, to our local quilt store to have it finished. There is also a quilt top completely pieced and I also left it.
I do a lot of sewing but do not do hand quilting. She made some 45 quilts from start to finish. She must have cut pieces constantly. She was a widow for 11 years and even though she lived across the street from me, I didn't realize how much she did. She was born 1921 and never sat still with idle hands one minute of her life. I feel as though I have spent the afternoon with her. If only.
There are so many pieces waiting to be assembled I can hardly wait. I also have many of her quilting books so guess I will be doing this evening.

This thread has 23 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!