What's in your medicine cabinet?

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Am I the only paranoid one that keeps a bag of emergency vet meds in the house? In all my reading and snooping around today, I found a case where a lady "handwalked the horse for hours", and when someone asked if she'd given the horse banamine, she replied, "I don't keep any around and can't afford an after-hours vet call." Ugh!

I figured from that, I would share what is kept on hand at my house in case of an emergency.
Bute paste
Banamine paste
Electrolyte paste
Probiotic paste

They all live in a gallon ziploc bag in my pantry inside. Not a chance worth taking. I've got a few first-aid supplies scattered inside and outside, but can't imagine risking sick, upset stomach, dehydrated and not have meds on-hand quick. I realize I'd probably call the vet first, but if I found Harley or Romeo colicing, I'd be handwalking while I talk to the vet, probably banamine immediately after the call, and back to handwalking.

Am I nuts? Over protective? Paranoid? Or just thinking ahead?

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!