Cry of rejoice! my first iris bloom!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

I was recently given some irises by a too kind dg'er. One was 'cry of rejoice' and you could hear one if you were within a mile of my house this morning! It bloomed! This is my first iris to bloom in my garden. :)

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Proud mom pictures!
Look how precious next to the astilbe that she gave me! It's under a common lilac, this is my purple section.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

COOL I MISSED MY BLOOMS ON MINE THIS YEAR SORRY FOR caps my key still sticks & i don't look up when i type :( Put my name down on the list when yours is ready to share :) So pretty .
I have some Black Gamecock & ceasar brothers & one called Elcips I Think it is also VOODOO I CAN SHARE with you later in aug or sept when i;m more up to it & heat is down :)

CONGRATS MOMMY
susie

Marble Hill, NY(Zone 6a)

pretty, pretty baby :-D

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

So, I've been told that this plant was bought over 30 years ago under the name 'cry of rejoice' but apparently it's not a registered iris? I don't know how all the registering thing goes, but in order to be sure i don't mislead as the greenhouse, and the buyer were misled back then.
How does the trade thing work? I have it in my have list, did you add it to your want list? That way, probably next year, but maybe sooner if i can get some more, we can have a trade, if i see you are in the "wants". If you still want it that is, it's so pretty but basically a NOID.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I would be happy to send for postage but only if you would also take one of these Japanese irises. Another noid. I purchased it as Shiro Nihonkai which it is NOT. I bought it from a big box store.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Have lots and lots of these that I got as a noid from Boojum. Very pretty! Kelly will have to do all the digging and mailing, I'll just lend my expertise in prepping and packing.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Kelly works for plants, and is is working out great for both of us!

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Lol! I do! Sorry we couldn't garden today, by the time i got your message i was half way through baking pineapple zucchini bread! And muffins! I'll freeze some for you, i also ship them for postage ;)
So if you want I'll go dig some up out of mittsy's garden and one of us will send them to you.

Oh that is nice , But i would like to wait till fall for it is just way to hot & it is hard to get out in the garden right now .
but will keep in touch on this NAME OR NO NAME NO MATTER :)))
susie

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Ugh i know! Wanted to send plants with my critters but thought it would be pretty pointless waste of shipping. and nothing says "happy, happy, joy, joy" quite like a box of dead things on your porch. LOL. When you're ready we'll make sure you get one, some how from someone.

sounds great thank you

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.