New seedling just open today.

Pleasant Grove, UT

I have posted pictures of my volunteer rudbeckia before. They are single and double yellows with an occasional red center. This one is a lovely shade of chestnut brown, a little darker than the pictures. I'm going to save some seed.

Thumbnail by Paul2063
Pleasant Grove, UT

Another look

Thumbnail by Paul2063
Pleasant Grove, UT

one more

Thumbnail by Paul2063
Lake Stevens, WA

Very nice. Looks like a double "cappuccino' You have wonderful flowers

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Beautiful!

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

We likey!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Looks more like 'Ox-Eye Daisy' because these are double flowers not single like 'Cappuccinno' the colors are the same though.

This message was edited Jul 11, 2011 2:38 PM

Dayton, OH

very nice

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I like it! It reminds me of a tequila sunrise. LOL

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Hopefully he will save us some seeds! :)

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Any word on the seeds?? Huh, Huhhhh? Lol! Couldn't help myself. Happy Halloween, y'all.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

A D-mail might get his attention! Stay tuned! :)

Well, he is not a member any more, I don't know why, but that is his decision. :(

There is a new coneflower seed coming out, I heard of it on another thread. Please let me know if you hear or see anything about these new seeds!!

http://www.fleuroselect.com/goldmedal/details.aspx?id=1148&lang=en

Susan

This message was edited Nov 5, 2011 5:39 AM

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Well I hope it comes out soon! Thanks for the info, Susan:))

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

You welcome, I will keep looking. :)

Lake Stevens, WA

I read some place that the Echinacea 'Cheyenne Spirt' were delayed.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Yeah, I saw that too. But I am hoping for the best. There are so many duds out there as far as cultivars and they just bloom and die and they cost a lot of money, the advertisements and pictures are beautiful but the actual plant is defective. I just want some good seeds. :)

Chattanooga, TN(Zone 7b)

no matter what the seed packets promise, most coneflower seeds produce purple flowers. if you want colors, you most likely will need to buy plants that are propagated professionally.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

You are right GreenThumbsTN, the problem is the new cultivars are expensive and weak and dye suddenly after blooming or just don't make it through the winter. I have a bunch of seed and I know all will not come true but I am hoping for just a couple that come close. It don't really cost anything to try. I am just winter sowing. Besides the butterflies love them no matter what color they are, right?

Chattanooga, TN(Zone 7b)

the butterflies and finches love them no matter what color they are.

I have found some of the new ones to be much better than other in terms of hardiness and color fastness. there is still room for much improvement in the yellows but the "Aloha" seems to be a good start, it's a bit on the melon yellow side and not quite as pure a color as some of the others. still wating to see how "summer breeze" and "leilani" will do through this winter here before giving them a thumbs up.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Ok, Thanks! I will try 'aloha' and I am getting some seed from 'Ozark coneflower'. My only yellow this year was 'Maui Sunshine' and I think it died :(
Let me know how the others perform. I had good luck with the powwow berry and got 10 bags of seed off it, bad thing is I gave them all away on a seed swap, that is where I am getting the yellows (Ozark).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.