Heard from Digger today!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

For those of you who miss sweet Sally , like I do, heres an up date!
She and her DH are in Silida (sp), Colorado. They are in the bottom of a Gorge gold panning, having a ball! They have to drive down 7 miles to get in and out!! WOW! So no email or phone service, Waaaaah!
She says to tell all hello and many hugs! As soon as she can she will give us another update.
Eufaula

Dahlonega, GA(Zone 7b)

Here's a bit of trivia for you history buffs.

The Colorado gold rush was started by the Russell brothers from Auraria Georgia.

the Russell brothers grew up with a gold miner for a father in Lumpkin County, were some of the first to goto California, and were the ones who discovered the gold in western Kansas territory,later to become Colorado.

They founded the town of Auraria Colorado,and the Colorado Gold Rush Museum is named after them.

Lula, GA

Hugs and waves back at Sally!! Thanks for sharing this, Eufaula. Yes, I miss that ole gal Sal!! Great to hear she is having such a good time!

Very interesting about those Russell boys! Guess they come by it naturally!!! My boys caught the fever when they were teens and panned in Gainesville, where they could. My second son is an avid fisherman and he does panning in some of his fishing holes and promising streams he runs across in pursuit of native plants. So far, no strikes!!!! ...............but plenty on his fishing line, so his trips are not a bust!!!

Gainesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Very interesting RandyRick from Dahlonega, another goldmine town. I love Dahlonega, it's so artsy!

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Lynn, for the update on "Sal", She is any thing but a "Gold Digger", I'll bet she has always pulled her on load.
I do hope she can find enough Gold to make it worth the trip, but just being without a puter, and phone service, would be enough for me. Mike

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh yeah, my gal Sal must be a reincarnated Russell! Bet she is having a ball. Thanks for the update. Maybe we need a welcome home pot luck when she and Johnny return. We are always game to gather. :)

Crossville, TN

Give her a hug from me when you see her again!! Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.