Canna Bird of Paradise

Louisville, KY

One of my new hybrid cannas called Bird of Paradise. Tall growers long narrow foliage with a blue gray color and purple veins. Grows tall 6 to 8 feet with medium size bright pink flowers.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Orgiva, Granada, Spain

WOW!! where did you buy it? Would love to see a picture of the flowers when it blooms

Louisville, KY

Here is a picture of the flowers. I breed the plant and only a few places are offering them now. Hopefully more will be soon.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Wow Brian, congratulations on another addition to your family! The bright dark pinks are absolutely beautiful....added with that leaf color is striking!

Orgiva, Granada, Spain

Just lovely! well done

Victoria, TX(Zone 9a)

Very pretty indeed. delicate flowering...............sweet!

Louisville, KY

Here was a pic of Bird of Paradise and intrigue behind it to show the contrast.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Victoria, TX(Zone 9a)

Very beautiful.... they look great together. I just acquired Intrigue and I love it.

Ventress, LA(Zone 8b)

Nice!!!!!!!!! What 2 cannas did you cross breed to get this one?

Louisville, KY

Both hybrids are not named but Intrigue was parents to both of them.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

What a beautiful Canna. Sigh......now I'm going to want one.....sigh!

Ventress, LA(Zone 8b)

How interesting. I have never tried cross polination yet, but am tempted to do it.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

Beautiful!

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Brian...my BOP canna is just about to bloom, I'm so excited! The Maui Punch was beautiful!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Very nice!! Would love to have that one! Im lookign for a white and green varigated canna.. have no clue as to the color of flower.. does not matter.. im just lookign for the leaves.. anyone have it?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.