Happy Fourth of July

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy Fourth of July Everyone,

We are doing OK. No big plans for the day.....just rest and keep cool. It is 101 outside my front door!!!!!!

Take Care,
Jeanne and Family

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Been thinkin' 'bout cha, girl. I know how hard it is to loose your mother. I still think sometimes,"I'll call Momma, she'll know....."

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Happy 4th!! I will be working then hanging out with some friends in a nearby town.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Happy 4th!

Is everyone going to have fireworks this year? I read that there is a ban in many areas because of the drought conditions. The firework displays in our area are set off from a boat that is out to sea which is nice because everyone along the coast can see them.

Hope everyone enjoys their BBQ's. Folks here have camped out on some of the beaches since Friday evening and there is a smell of hot dogs in the air...

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Happy Fourth, everyone. Burn ban for almost the entire state of Texas. Past my understanding is that the fireworks stands are still operating. 100 yesterday and 101 today. Feels worse.

The town I work in didn't do fireworks this year because they didn't have the budget for it so I went to another town about 30 minutes away and saw a great show. They put on the best show I've seen yet.

Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico(Zone 11)

We had the annual 4th of July BBQ at the US Consul's house. The hamburgers and hot dogs were great and I got a picture of Uncle Sam taking a Dos Equis break, I guess he drinks Mexican beer when in Mexico :)

Thumbnail by extranjera
Big Pine Key, FL(Zone 11)

We had a great day on the water, snorkeling and wakeboarding then retired to our neighbors dock to watch fireworks over Newfound Harbor hear on Big Pine Key. Fireworks from Picnic island and Seacamp were perfect. We could see the fireworks from Key West and Sugarloaf Key on the horizon.

Life is a breeze in the Florida Keys!

Scott

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Glad everyone is doing well and had a great fourth! We were under burn bans so at least it was very quiet. Fireworks are illegal in our city but no one adheres to that and the police usually do little about it. It was strange that it was so quiet, but NICE!

They had rain in Houston and to the west of us, but it jumped right past us. We heard thunder, saw black skies..........hoped........but NO rain. I had to water......

It has still been around 99 / 100. My front yard is dead. It will come back in time for the freeze to hit. Now, is that not a positive attitude......haha.

I bought a new sofa and loveseat. It was long overdo. It looks nice. It is called "Bahama" by Delta at Conn's, so I am now an official "Bahama MaMa". LOL! It is dark brown microfiber, or faux suede. It is comfortable. It is a very inexpensive set, but it will last until I find what I really want.......which is basically just what I had, but it is too expensive to have the old one recovered.
I did not get the tables. I have tables that I bought when DS was a week old.

http://www.conns.com/delta-bahama-sofa.html

The living room looks nice. With the brown panelling and brown sofa it needs more light. I may have to go buy some new lamps. I really don't have a place for them. It makes it cozy to watch movies tho........

Guess this is all of the news,
Jeanne

edited to add link to conns and correct typos

This message was edited Jul 8, 2011 1:12 PM

This message was edited Jul 8, 2011 11:34 PM

Very pretty!!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha,

I have been very busy this past couple of weeks and I am finally catching up with all the posts. It sounds as if you all enjoyed the celebrations for the fourth - especially "Old Guy", life does sound perfect in the Keys!

Your new furniture looks lovely Jeanne, so very comfortable and cosy to snuggle up on to watch TV. Have you bought your new lamps yet?

Fond Aloha to all.

Jenn

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We have missed you, Jen. Hope all is well with your family.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi!

I am glad you like it. I do. Only it's smaller than my old set. I guess I'll get used to it.

No we haven't bought new lamps yet. Thinking about keeping the old ones and just getting new shades. Haven't really decided. I haven't been out looking much either tho.
Still feeling poorly.

We finally got rain today again. Thank goodness! We need it desperately.

Hope all is well.

Jeanne

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Jeanne, there are some great suggestions on the web about how to redo your old lamps and or shades. Just google it, baby.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Will do! Thanks!

Been going thru things and attempting to reorganize things so I can bring more home from Mom's.

Jeanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.