Pillowcases

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Has anyoe done any pillowcases for the million pillowcase challenge. If so, where did you send/give them to.
I was bagging up my fabric yesterday and today to get rid of . Its all becoming overwhelming and Im tired of looking at the stuff I dont really like anymore. As I was picking it up piece by piece, I would think..um ..this isnt so bad, it would make a nice throw pillow and I would put it aside. I have alot too that would make great charity pillowcases...bright stuff. SOOOOOOOOOO I kept the pieces out that were big enough. This is something I can handle right now. I just need help with where to send them.
Do you think people actually use these. I only kept fabric I would want to put my face on. Nothing cheap and scratchy.
I noticed once that quilts of valor took them. I dont have much red white and blue, but again, its something I could finish.
I would love to know how you finished the seams so they would not ravvle and fray, with lots of washing. I dont have a serger. Well..I do, but have never even threaded it. yada yada

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!