What type 1 for this site?

Big Flats, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi, This fall I would like to order and plant an early clematis near a Lilac for harmony. the Lilac is quite old and I cut it to the ground every few years and is lavender purple. The two plants will face North/ West and there is lots of sun. The bed has tons of established Sweet Woodruf , various Dicentras, mixed Hellebore, blue Myostus,Hostas, Mertensias and tons hardy Maidenhair ferns.This part of the bed sets against a stone porch. I thought a pink would be great, but am equally interested in the plants ability to eventualy flower heavily. Thank you and have a wonderful and safe Independence day holiday!, Lee Sherwood McDonald

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I checked with Debbie at Silver Star Vinery since you had no replies. This was her suggestion:

Victoria is rosy lavender, alba Luxurians is white with a black center, Pendragon or an integrifolia-Durandii-deep deep blue

Hope this helps. She is very helpful so give her a call and see what she has in stock and if she's running any specials. I think she had specials advertised on a few different clematis.
http://www.silverstarvinery.com/

Kathy

Big Flats, NY(Zone 5b)

Hello Kathy, Thank you for your thoughtful reply! I will indeed check with silver star vinery, I am sure I am going to order some plants from her . My first order from her was this past early spring were all I could wish for. I will also see what she recommends for earlier. Thanks to your reply I have again looked at v. Alba luxurians and feel It will look fine with the stone porch that will be in back of it. Lee

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Lee, so glad Debbie could help you. She was my first clematis company. You will find, on the clematis or rose thread, people are serious about the company THEY prefer. I'm the same. I ordered my first clematis from Brushwood this year and they are doing very well. Shipping was cheaper with Brushwood, plants were smaller. It's all about what is important to the buyer.

I wish you luck in your clematis venture - it's been a great collection for me.
Kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.