Back to Basics, long time since I have grown MG

Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

I used to collect and move around morning glories, our fenced in back yard was filled with colors all over the edges. I used to get yelled at every fall and pulling the vines was made into a chore. I stopped growing MG's and pulled them as weeds for a long time. I have a new found love for these old tyme plants. They are going to be just the thing to climb my waining ornamental millets and sunflowers. You gotta love natural trellising. Just an intro that I have a new obsession...maybe I'll plant a few and they make their own new mixes...I have planted Nautical Mix, Split Second, Split Personality, Heavenly blue...But I have several varities ordered for late flowers, since our warm weather last until november...:0)
Red and Black for our College Championship Team and Foorball Season Starter decor...GO SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Buffy - Good luck with your new obsession! Especially trying to find true red and black blooming MGs. Your mixes should grow into nice vines and blooms! Some of those vines get really tall. Are you planning to prune them as they grow? Sounds like the natural trellising will do the trick! Post a photo or two when they start blooming! Would love to see how your natural trellising looks! ;-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.