Memories of Buggycrazy's work

Poland, ME

Lisa's lilies were front and center at the Chelsea Flower Show this year. Many are undergoing trials to see if they will make propagation standards by my friend Mr. Hyde in the UK.
I would like to see this thread become a showing of her lilies from her DG friends. So if you have a Buggycrazy lily picture, let's post them here!

Thumbnail by Mainiac
Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

What a lovely idea.

Lilium Champagne.

Thumbnail by DonnaMack
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Great idea Ramona, ill be watching this thread! ^_^

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Do you want one's she sold or just ones that she hybridized? List? I so miss getting her bulbs. Patti

Poland, ME

The ones she hybridized, please! I know a lot of people bought from her so let's see a lot of pictures!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Von Shtupp

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Tramp

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Salsa

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Spank

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

ANRU

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Pink Dame

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Klaxon

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

July Mint

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Early Rose (occasionally you'll get a hose-in-hose double)

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Rosario

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Pink Pearl

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Fellowship

Thumbnail by Moby
Poland, ME

Thank you Moby! I know there are a lot out there! Please post!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Do you have a list of her hybrids, as I am sure the hundred plus cultivars that I bought from her are not all her own, but I have most of their pictures and they are all winners. Patti

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Blood Tiger...oops this is not a Lily hybridized by Buggy Crazy...so if you can feel free to delete this post.

This message was edited Jul 2, 2011 3:56 PM

Thumbnail by nanny_56
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Even so, I really like blood tiger! Also love Klaxon and Spank. where can I find these - surely they are still being sold?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Great idea, Ramona. Ramona also has a thread on the other site for anyone that goes to both. And you know Mags is going to have a ton to show.

Here's one that came labeled Spanx. But I can't find it on her website, so I'm not positive of anything. If anyone knows this lily for sure, please correct me.

Thumbnail by pollyk
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

GA X BC

Thumbnail by pollyk
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

I have ordered a few lilies from faraway flowers, but where can I find Lisa?BuggyCrazy's? I hope she has recovered from all the trouble that she left posted on her site.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

I went to the other site (Cubits?) a few days ago and there was almost nothing new. I only found one lily thread from 2011. Has that changed?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Ramona has the same thread as here, there.

Sharon, Lisa is not selling lilies any more. Such a loss. I do wish she would check in and say hello to us, though. And let us know how she's doing.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Missing Lisa and her lilies.

Here's Firestar:

Thumbnail by pirl

Stunning:

Thumbnail by pirl
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Polly, your pink lily is Spank.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Love Firestar!

Thanks, caitlin!

San Souci:

Thumbnail by pirl
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Moby! I'll change that x to a k, couldn't read it.

Sorry, I had edited this out as I asked if Lisa hybridized Sans Souci, and then found out she did not. But I don't know if there might be a San Souci. I'm putting this back in so Pirl's post doesn't look like she's talking to herself.

I think Sans Souci is a very old lily, intro'd by Leslie Woodriff, probably older than Lisa, but I don't know San Souci.

Anyway, it's a beautiful lily!

This message was edited Jul 3, 2011 6:58 AM

This message was edited Jul 3, 2011 6:59 AM

I'm not sure if she did or not but this is what I have on it. She spelled it San Souci but I'm always trying to type Sans Souci, too!

Thumbnail by pirl
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks so much for this thread. I was the tail end of Lisas shipping days last year and bought a Asiatic Collection so I have very few lables.
I just love everyones offerings here.

Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Lisa, was always helpful with the lilies you purchased from her. She communicated with me on lilies that I purchased from her, that were hydridized by her. The following she let me know were hers that I purchased.
A Peach
Anru
Brooke
Buff
Champagne
Cheerful
Scream
Starven
Wanderer
Lilium pardalinum x columbianum
Queen Kong
King Coral
Lavender Gem
I hope this can help with this site if anyone as great pictures of her lilies. I'm not very good with taking pictures.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oh thanks, I had forgotten Brooke!

Thumbnail by Moby
Poland, ME

We all miss Lisa and I think she dropped her membership here! I have a friend that would like to acquire some of Buggy's lilies and reproduce them here in the states. If anyone wants to contribute to the project and has more than one bulb of something, drop me an email and I can put you in touch with the person. It would be nice to be able to buy her things again. I don't have as many as I would like as I had run out of room at my old house. Things are different here... I just thought it would be nice to recognnize her hard work!

Castlewood, SD

Earlier this year I ordered many seeds from Lisa. I'll be getting them going this fall in the house. All the pictures I have seen of her flowers are just gorgeous, & I'd jump at the chance to trade with someone for any of them or to be able to purchase them. She did so well & its sad that she cant hybridize anymore. Very neat idea for this thread.. honoring her & her lilies.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Why wouldn't she move somewhere that is more congenial?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Firetruck

Thumbnail by lincolnitess

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.