Morning Glories 2011 #07

Gautier, MS

That's very pretty Becky! This bloom from Antoinette reminds me of it too!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Oooh! Pretty blue, Helena!

Another vine I love is Sazanami #2. That one blows my mind. I hope the blue bloomer I am growing will produce some awesome blooms eventually!

Gautier, MS

I know, I think Sazanami #2 is special. I love how the pattern changes and makes it a lot more interesting.

I hope my blue blooming Sazanami #2 displays some bloom patterns like my lavender one did! It was so beautiful! I've never seen any flower with such an amazing pattern like that! It's hard to believe it is a real flower! LOL!

Thumbnail by beckygardener
Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

very pretty Sazanami, becky -
I have the Lavender and the Blues growing this year as well. But this Light Blue is my fav from a cross that I grew last year. I have it growing this year to see what it will produce, but no blooms yet. Hopefully it will be as beautiful as last year

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
szarvas, Hungary

Emma, you've caught a famous gene ! (Ray-Flow gène .... good idea ! )
How is it already in various paterns? It came first on a flower and then by crossing over others? Maybe in 2009 - 2008 or earlier?
This one is the bigbang!
http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2011/06/29/EmmaGrace/3017f3.jpg

Sublime Sanazani Becky, again there are genes to use! ( large bloom isn't it ? )

Helena .... it's a yellow ?
http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2011/06/29/helenahkh/68c53c.jpg

Yes, I have been working on my Ray-Flow and Striated MGs for about 3 or 4 years now. I even pulled out seeds from 2004 and they were still true this year
This one is different from my Coral-Cream blooms

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the explanation Emma, I didn't have a clue about the Ray-Flow.

Helena, I thought your Blue Tie Dye was new, didn't realize it had already crossed,
very pretty and different bloom. Love your pretty pink blooms.

Becky great Purple Blizzard.

Beautiful Sazanami # 2 blooms everyone. I loved my Saz blooms last yr , mine were not as fancy as these but I thought they were special. :-)

Emma great mixed up MG

Becky I forgot to mention the Muave Splash, so pretty, the other blooms don't have anything on Mauve Splash

Gautier, MS

Thanks Becky and Jackie. Dany I'm hoping that it's the yellow but not positive! Future blooms will tell.

Just a few neat blooms today! Sometimes you never know what to expect from these mgs blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

My Baby Blue Blizzard Sazanami #2 bloomed again today!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

And Tony's neat blue mg bloom!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Just love Pink Porcelain Blz too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena. love your blooms today. That 1st pic with the 2 different blues, is the bloom on the left from my no Sora cross sds? Cant remember if I sent you some of those sds.

My bloom open this morning from Gourds Hanahubuki x Choc Rose. My bloom is actually darker than this photo shows.
Helena is your bloom of this cross anything like mine?

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, I don't think it's your no Sora cross b/c the blooms are small(edit to say the blooms on my vine are small, I believe no Sora has larger blooms). You did send me seeds of no Sora that I'll be sowing in a couple of weeks.

Jackie your blue bloom is very pretty but it's different than mine. Mine is like the picture below dark blue with blizzard & some stripes which vary.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2011 8:30 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Jackie - Thank you! I am also partial to certain JMG cultivars! All are nice, but I have my favorites! :-)

Helena - Those are beautiful! That first one is great showing those two blooms. And I am wild about the Sazanami #2! Pink Porcelain reminds me of old fashioned romantic pale pink roses.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Becky, it's been really nice to have all these different blooms this year. They have done very well for me and I look forward to each bloom!

Helena, thanks for sending a pic of your Hanahubuki x Choc Rose bloom. We never
know what a cross will turn up. I may send A a pic to see what she thinks

szarvas, Hungary

http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2011/06/30/helenahkh/be0aa0.jpg
The flower on the left reminds me of a pattern that Karen2005 had obtained in 2007. Beautiful!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I can not comment on all the beautiful MG's on this thread so i'll just tell ya all........
I HAVE MY BIB ON!!!!!!

Gautier, MS

Jackie, A Hanna hubuki x choco rose also produces these blooms on the same vine. It is a neat mg to grow cause the blooms vary so much!
Here it is since I let it run.

Thanks Pixie, I agree lots of beautiful blooms from everybody!

This message was edited Jul 1, 2011 7:55 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Dany, thank you. I think it is one of Karen2005 blooms. I sowed one of hers entire seed packet and none have names but they are very nice.

Here's a bloom today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Tony's pretty bloom, I like when the pattern changes from day to day.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A. Plum Tie Dye!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A bit more stars on blooms of choco mix.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Virginia Beach, VA(Zone 7b)

Wow, everyone has such beautiful morning glories. I love them all.

Becky, love that purple blizzard. What happened to Karen2005, not
a member here no more?

This is Star of India. Looks blue, but it is purple.

Thumbnail by zinniared

Helena, more gorgeous blooms. Thanks for sending the pic of your Hanna hubuki cross. I love the different patterns it produces. Maybe mine will do the same,
fingers crossed :-)

This is A's cross of Rose Silk x Fuji Shibori.
This was it's first bloom so anxious to see
future blooms.

This message was edited Jul 2, 2011 12:18 AM

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks and pretty bloom Jackie!

Thanks Dany for Karen's site.

I guess the name of this bloom from her would be called Dark Dusky Purple White Ray

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Don't know if my camera captured the true color on this cross but it's a purple & lavender, no label on this one either.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

This is the other vine with Blue blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

From Karen2005 Fujishibori mix.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A. Lav. Mt Fuji cross

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena and Linda - Beautiful blooms from both of you!

Helena - I love the one you named. "Dark Dusky Purple White Ray". Wonderful color and pattern on that bloom! I like all your NOIDs! They are unique in many ways and are quite lovely!

Dany - I like that link you posted. Very informative! Thanks!

Helena, your purple and lavendar looks like my Weird Saz from last yr. Did
you plant any of those sds? All your blooms are lovely.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Becky and Jackie. Jackie, I have 2 of your Weird Saz vines growing. One has not bloomed yet so I'm waiting for a little bit longer.
Hopefully I'll be sowing more of your seeds in a couple of weeks Jackie.

Helena, I hope the Weird Saz makes some nice blooms for you. All of mine op so no telling what you will get. You don;t have to be in any hurry to plant my sds, they'll
keep for a long time or should anyway.
I have so many started that I'm burning out. Hope you don't do that too.

Norfolk, VA

Emma- nice ray-flow blooms! your coral cream is a charm! you grow some of the best JMG's

Tony

Jackie - I like your "weird" MG vines! ;-)

I got this interesting vine going (inside under lights). It's an I. purpurea vine and this is a photo of a forming bud. The odd thing is that the stigma is already formed and poking out from the bud. It doesn't appear that the bud is even close to blooming. The cultivar is split second.

On a whim, I added some I. nil pollen to it. Though I seriously doubt it will take.

This message was edited Jul 2, 2011 7:36 PM

Thumbnail by beckygardener

Tony . . .

Thanks so much for your great compliment
Emma

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.