Promise not to make fun of me? At least not to my face?

Galveston, TX(Zone 9a)

I have this, um, well, toilet brush holder. It's really quite attractive, actually. I finally figured out how to post photos, so here it is, but I can't manage to get it to turn right side up--sorry!. But trust me, it really is cute. It's made of distressed, cream painted metal, in an ornate tower type design, with a fancy finial-like handle on top to hold the brush by. Yes, really. I believe I got it from Target 8 or 10 years ago, along with a wastebasket and toilet paper holder that all were part of their "Shabby Chic" line, and at least kind of matched. I still use the other two items, but I'm really not sure quite why I ever got this. Functionally, it's badly designed and pretty much worthless for its intended purpose (and I use the kind with the disposable cleaning heads anyway). So this thing has been up in the attic for the last however many years, totally unused. But despite my current spurt of energy to Freecycle and donate my way out of the cluttered mess my house has become, I just cannot bring myself to toss this thing. Yep, I'm sentimentally attached to a toilet brush. I have a very sad life, what can I say. It would make me feel immensely better if I could DO something with this, and I figured you all were its last, best hope for functionality/new life. Or something. Anything, really. Any ideas? PLEASE?!

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by elizabethfoley
This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!