Video from inside a car when the tsunami in japan hit

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

What would you do? Stay in the car? Get out?

http://www.wimp.com/japanesetsunami/

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow, um that's a hard question to answer. After some thought I think I would stay in the car. At least initially. What a terrifying position to be in tho. If you got out you would be hit with floating debris. No wonder there were so many lives lost.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

The thing is, it happened so fast that when it first started and not knowing what it was, staying in the car was probably seen as the best option and I would have probably stayed in the car too. If I had known what it was, I would have jumped out in a heartbeat and start looking for stairs!

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7b)

I agree with you. If you knew what was happening, yes jump out and run for higher ground. Watching this makes you realize how little time you have to make a decision. Wish I knew what was being said, Do you have any idea?

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Not a clue - I wish I knew too what they were saying .. the speed of things was the most frightening and at the very end where you see the car gets stuck and water wash over it was bone chilling .. by then it's way too late to do anything.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

That was very sad to watch that not knowing if the people inside the car made it out ok.

Jan

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7b)

I was trying to think what kind of vehicle usually has a video cam mounted on the dash of their car. Some type of police car maybe? Since you couldn't hear any panic voices on the video I hope the driver got out? I did have a small bit of a chuckle in thinking, Wow this is a game of bumper cars! Then I went back to my empathic self and realized how horrible the whole situation was.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I was thinking that it might be a cop car too.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

Whoever it was talking sure sounded pretty calm!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I'm sure it was a voice over .. but your right .. If I had been in that car I'd be having a melt down.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.