Maypop 2011 photos

Lula, GA

Here are a few photos. I was unofficially the RU photographer but please don't yell because I did not get a group photo!!!

The MAYPOP garden greeter!

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Folks are arriving!

Sally, hubby and Sandy............. is that dessert?

This message was edited Jun 27, 2011 3:54 PM

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Brenda/plantnutz - good to see you!!!!

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Our great hostess, Laurel, giving Valerie the Grand Garden Tour. A really lovely garden!!

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Coupla the boys, heading for the house- is it lunch yet???

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

That was Bill and Johnny in the last photo, I believe!

Linny and Sally found a place in the shade to sit and gab!

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Linny. She is very pretty. Sorry for the slight blur, tho.

This message was edited Jun 27, 2011 4:14 PM

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Sweet Sally!

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

There were two Brenda's at the RU. This is plantnutz!

This message was edited Jun 27, 2011 4:13 PM

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Sally's Johnny!

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Caught Sandy and Valerie smiling!

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Busy, busy getting a gourmet lunch for the attendees.

Laurel and Steve.

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Yummy roasted veggies.

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Fantastic pasta dish.

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Laurel's homemade hummus.
Everything was so delicious, most of us ate too much!!

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Here are some of us, enjoying the food and company.

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Looking over some of the trade plants.

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Lula, GA

Getting ready to head home after a beautiful day at Maypop.

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Dahlonega, GA

I didn't get enough pictures . This is Bill , he's Linny's sweetie . All the way from S. Carolina . Not far as the crow flies , but that doesn't take in consideration of the mountains and hills to go around .

Thumbnail by digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

Food , my favorite subject . (you can tell by looking ). This was so good I wanted to go back for seconds . The pasta salad was to die for .

Thumbnail by digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

Can you believe this Mike ? With a smile like that , he should be in pictures

Thumbnail by digger9083
Crossville, TN

Looks like good time, good folks, and good food...Where was Terry? Jo

Dahlonega, GA

That's what I call comfortable .Kiseta , what a pretty name , A sweet lady , wish she lived closer to us .

This message was edited Jun 27, 2011 7:55 PM

Thumbnail by digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

Terry backed out , had too many issues with the car to trust it on the road, trouble trying to get it worked on .
By the way , a BIG hi to you Jo , sorry you missed this .You'd a loved it .

These guys are solving all the worlds problems .

Thumbnail by digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

Trying to make up my mind if I caught her coming or going . I think she had her eye on the food .

Thumbnail by digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

That pretty little redhead belongs to Bill and she unselfishly gave me her dog that I wanted forever . I just love the little monkey that he is .Is that val in the background? The thumbnail is so small , I can't tell

Yep , that's her .

This message was edited Jun 27, 2011 8:09 PM

Thumbnail by digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

Maypop laurel , Finally got to eat . She has been so busy making sure everyone else had full tum tums, that we didn't leave her much . LOL . she had enough to feed 30 more and with the deserts , We all gained weight . Wonderful hostess , great R U and even better this year, if that's possible

Dahlonega, GA

OOOOPS, where'd the pic go ? Cyberspace ? This is better .

Thumbnail by digger9083
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh you guys did great with the photos! Thanks so much. My only complaint is whatever program you used added thirty years and twenty pounds to my pics! What's with that?

Lula, GA

Oh, no, Laurel. You and Steve are slim. I noticed that all of us look even broader than we are in the photos posted here. Something about the translation into DG.

Great photos, Sally. My DIL Sandy was doing some video @ Maypop but don't know if it will tranfer to Dave's. She could email it to you, if you like, Laurel!

Dahlonega, GA

I feel fat , but didn't know I looked fatter than I feel . Time to eat more raw carrots.

You explained that fat thing so well, Brenda. I almost believed it. I'll be in touch with the video. Maybe we can convert the frames to photos? That's a job for super computer guy.

Sally, I didn't know you took pics. Thanks a bunch. I especially love the photo of Mike. He looks like one happy guy. I also love the photo of Sandy and Valerie in the arbor swing. If you zoom you can even see some grapes on the left.

I am wanting to send notes to each of you. This morning I was hosing empty pots from planting and leaned away from my shoes. After spending two plus backbreaking days digging on banks to plant gifted daylilies, standing in pond muck ripping out pond grass to plant flag iris, and cutting a forty foot mulberry tree to plant raspberries, my back spasmed out with a simple little bend. I'm in a sorry state right now.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I am fur shure getting on a diet, and try to keep my eyes open next time. It was a lots of fun, but I have to stop going to getherings where food is served. You all been very nice, seams like you know each other from before.

Hi Kiseta. I hope you don't stop going to gatherings where food is served. You are such a good cook! DH is having a ball with your walnut cake. We both agree it reminds us of the kind of European cakes and strudels we grew up with. Delicious! We have used the Texas caviar as a salad topper instead of salad dressing and I'm going to use some to make a blackeyed pea and corn chili for dinner tonight. I'm a very good food recycler. :)

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I am glad you did not mind me leaving in a hurry and you with my leftovers. I was worried about the weather turing bad and that famous hill of yours, I have never been on a steep driveway. I guess I am more comfortable on flat land. I have made black eyed peas different ways, and it is all good. Next time you make okra and tomatoe, put a can of vegt. black eye pea in it, I can eat a ton of it. I have a project next week, to pull up all my ajuga and replace it with some other perennial, samy shaddy area. I have trouble with large grasshoppers, 3" long, they eating everything up and the birds won't touch them. I hate to use chemicals, but probobly will have to spray something. Happy Gardening.

Thumbnail by kiseta
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Laurel - that super cool wild plant you have that I asked you about? Looks like a philodendron but has a tall stem with daisy like flowers? it is a Silphium Compositum - Kidneyleaf Rosinweed.

Sterling, I see there is one nursery that has seed grown plants but the transplanting info I found indicates that it cannot be transplanted because of its deep taproots. If you'd like me to try and collect seed for you I'd be happy to do it. It's growing in numerous places on the property from deep woods to dry banks. Thanks for the ID. I thought I'd IDed it before but that name does not sound familiar.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

It should grow well from seed. I would recomend winter sowing. Mike

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks - I'd like to try some seeds. It is a pretty leaf and such a surprise that the flower stalk goes up so high! I did not see hundreds of them so I think it is safe to say not too invasive!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is a picture of another resident of MayPop - oooohhhh!!!!!!

Thumbnail by sterhill

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.