Going to DC

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey, friends! I am off to visit my daughter and sister in our nation's capital tomorrow and I might get a chance to see some of the US Botanic Garden on the way. I will also be a couple of days in NC visiting my parents and will keep you all apprised of the horticultural news from there as well. The picture is from the First Ladies' Garden outside the USBG that I took last summer when we brought my daughter down to Washington for law school.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Martha, I just went to the Botanical Garden last month...it' a amazing!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I don't want to spoil it for you but you need to look for this scene....pictures don't do it justice!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks, Pixie! I did the whole place including an orchid show last summer. I know the spot from the picture. I don't think I am going to get to the whole thing again this time as we are going down to another event, but I am gonna try!
Martha

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I was in love with the orchids....mesmerized is a better word.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

can't wait to see your pics Martha!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Have fun, can't wait to see the pics!

Thomaston, CT

Safe & happy trip....

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks! I am at my daughter's place and we went to the national Museum of the American Indian today to attend the Choctaw Festival. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with plantings from various areas of the country where Native Americans lived. Lots of great stuff! more tomorrow.
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Hope you took some photos...

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Have fun, Martha! Love the BG. So much to do in DC. I could go every year.

South Hamilton, MA

Have a great time.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

This is a photo of the fountain on the grounds of the National Museum of the American Indian that I took yesterday. I love the little kid playing in it. It also has ducks! You can also see the tower atop the Air and Space museum and the Washington Monument. The grounds are landscaped with plantings representing various regions of the country with plants that were important to various tribes. There are agricultural plantings, they have a wetlands area, there are also a number of sculptures. But Ioved the little kid the best! I am doing this from my DD's computer and so shall post more pictures when I return. It's hot and sunny here and I am glad to be away from cold, damp Massachusetts for a while.
Martha

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

dont know where the photo went.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

here's the pic I was thinking of. The is all out at the back of the museum but the gardens extend all the way around the building.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Thomaston, CT

Beautiful architecture...love the flowing water.....

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Yes, that's a wonderfully designed building. Love the water. Try to get a long exposure shot at night, Martha.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

next trip.
Martha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.