If you could only have one clematis in your garden...

Harleysville, PA

What clematis would you pick? I have a jackimanni and love how long it blooms!!

This message was edited Jun 21, 2011 8:16 AM

Thumbnail by jess2132000
Harleysville, PA

Here is another shot of it

Thumbnail by jess2132000
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Decisions, decisions! I like the question, Jess.

I'll stick with Omoshiro but after that I think it would be Pink Champagne. By next year I may change my mind.

Thumbnail by pirl
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

That's tough. Barbara Harrington -This is Barbara Harrington with Comtesse de Bouchaud

This message was edited Jun 26, 2011 12:21 PM

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

This message was edited Jun 26, 2011 12:21 PM

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Big Flats, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi, Here with my choice for 'One Only Clem." is Polish Spirit ,she is accompanied in this picture by my garden adviser a resident Mourning dove born this spring. The reasons I selected P.S. are, vigor, length of bloom season, easy to train as ground cover, cascade, climber and she gracefully and beautifully rambles into other plants. She keeps her legs covered, has had no health issues and with a bit of pruning and redirection she does not shade her companions too much. Did I mention she is a good friend of my dove and me? Lee Sherwood McDonald

Thumbnail by GREENSIDEUP
Harleysville, PA

Polish spirt has a nice color. I like Barbara as well.. Hmm

I would choose Will Goodwin it does very well in my garden plus the color is wonderful...Betty

Thumbnail by
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Betty,
That is beautiful

Thanks the photo is from a past year they are just starting to bloom here this year it has been quite cool....Betty

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Inspiration has been blooming since April. She seems to like to grow on my salvia instead of the rosemary, but that's ok. She started blooming from a relatively small root system.

Thumbnail by bananna18

Daylilydreams - love your Will Goodwin. It's so beautiful.

Banana - we do have to cherish all successes we have and you do have a winner when a clematis blooms for a few months!

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

If I could only have ONE? I would be very sad, there are just too many.

Currently my favorite is HF Young - mostly because all my others are still pretty small. I just LOVE the color, but I wish he were a longer bloomer.

Betty, your Will Goodwin is a beauty too!

Thumbnail by lisabees

Beautiful specimen, Lisa.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.