Let's see pictures of your monarda/bee balm in bloom

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Sherry,
Love your beds! What I'm interested in, is your borders.... Did you have someone come in and pour that or did you find them somewhere? They look like a concrete curb.

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Hi Mike,
Yes, someone came in and poured the concrete curbing. Love it! It is an excellent and permanant edging. Keeps everything separate from the lawn.
Sherry

Athens, PA

I love the monarda and have different varieties. I used to have white and do not have it any more. Does anybody know of a good source for white monarda?

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

I started all of my bee balm from seed 2 years ago. It didn't bloom until it's second season, but it's huge. It was the 'panorama mix' from Johnny's.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Here is some more. The panorama mix ended up being various shades of purples and reds.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Athens, PA

Kosk - They are beautiful!

I was able to finally find some sources for the white monarda. I placed my order and they are supposed to be sent in the Spring... can't wait.

Victoria Harbour, ON

So love this thread!! Won't be long for garden centers to bring in their spring plants, well maybe I'm rushing it a tad quickly..one can dream..

Colors are spectacular, will go in search of reds

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

I've been checking out the garden. Looks like we'll have more than our share of Monarda Didyma this year. It looks like the patch doubled in area from last year.

Marcia

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

Sweet, all mine are doing really well,most were new last year..Yaya

Victoria Harbour, ON

Being so far north, will take some time for them to peep through the ground..will be on the lookout at nurseries for more..

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

Mine are peeking out ...I have lots this year,Yay

Rasberrywine,Lombada,red ?

Victoria Harbour, ON

What a lovely mixture..

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Bettypauze, I don't know how far north you are, or you zone, but we never have monardas this early here in Connecticut. It is just that we had no winter in the northeast this year (I guess to make up for last year's disaster). We had one snow sort of storm In late October, and another small snow I think in February, and it barely got below 30 for most of the winter. This is the most seasonal weather we're getting right now, and the peonies, alliums and such are up with the tulips. And the lilies are sprouting and growing. Who knew?

Marcia

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.