Pow Wow

Hamilton, OH

nice compact plant. I like how the petals are staying straight out too

Thumbnail by Nevermore44
Hamilton, OH

Like the dark green centers with the hot pink

Thumbnail by Nevermore44
Portland, TX(Zone 9b)

I have one of these, but the leaves are yellowish (they were that way when I bought it last week). I added some compost and organic material, but no change in the color yet. Any suggestions? Yours look marvelous. I have mine planted where they get morning shade until about 11am and then they get sun until about 5pm.

Russell

Hamilton, OH

if you are growing other echs near your pow wow without the same issue, then just keep an eye on it. If it's a nutrient issue, it might take more then a week to kick in. Are there blooms on it?

Mine are from last fall.

Portland, TX(Zone 9b)

It has 4 blooms on it. This is my first year growing echs. I have a couple that I grew from seed beginning this spring. They haven't bloomed yet, but the leaves are a dark green. I will keep an eye on the new plant for new foliage to see if it is the same color as the existing leaves. I know they take a while to get established and we are in the middle of a drought too! Thanks for the input.

Russell

Hamilton, OH

If any new blooms are distorted or have green colored petals, then might be a virus. Also, be careful no to over water it either.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

My PowWows are orange in the middle. I guess in this zone the blooms are older. I love this variety! Can't wait to see their Cheyenne Spirit variety!

Hamilton, OH

the two shots are from different plants, but i think the green goes orange as they age

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.