Where is everyone?

Dundas,, ON(Zone 5b)

This used to be a happening place.

Lots of activity and lots of people. Where has everyone gone?

Have all the Canadian gardeners quit?

YOOOOO-HOOOOOO . . . . .
~m

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi Cyber
We've lost a few to C------ and some others have moved on. Lots of us lurking. Some how life has sped up a pile.
Alberta Ann

Dundas,, ON(Zone 5b)

Boy, ain't that the truth Ann.

Some days I think I don't have time to turn around and spit, and when I have the time I don't have the energy.

And I 'm really sorry to hear that some have passed on. My condolences to their families and friends.

This message was edited Jun 16, 2011 5:55 PM

Victoria,, BC(Zone 8b)

I'm still here! I don't post very often but I do read everyone else's postings. I guess I just think I don't have anything very interesting to share ! I retired last October and, it's true what they say - I don't know where the time goes, but I am enjoying getting the garden in order - it used to be just a quick spruce up at the weekends and things that needed to be done were piling up over the years. My hubby retires next year and he is also a gardener so watch out Butchart gardens, we will be giving you a run for your money ! ( I think NOT !!)
Heather

Thumbnail by Heatherbelle
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Cyber Yikes! I meant Cubits not Cancer!!! Now I see where my fingers were not thinking. Sorry about that.
Heather nice to see you! Looking forward to seeing your new ventures. How did that new sitting corner do this year?
Ann

Rosemont, ON(Zone 4a)

I'm here, but indoors hiding from the mosquitoes. However, I have to go outside later this evening to water the vegetable patch. If I don't come back, the mozzies have flown off with me.

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

HELLO from Thunder Bay, where the Mosquitoes have buzzed in and have refused to BUZZ OFF,and, have had the audacity to invite the Black Flies to hang out with them !!!

My 2 weeks of visitors to feed and entertain comes to an end tonight, THEN, I can start to creep back to normal .. and it's a good thing because my gardens are crying for HELP !!

Enjoy your weekend

~M~

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm still here too. Just been really busy the last 6 months with lots of hours at work, so I haven't been posting very often. Now that work has slowed down, I'm scrambling to get the plants into the ground or pots. I hope we finish this patio area this year.

Thumbnail by joannabanana
Dundas,, ON(Zone 5b)

Whew!! I thought everyone had left. So glad to find out that you've all just been busy like me. I hadn't posted or even visited since February I think, so I'm not innocent here.

Now I'm so relieved that it wasn't Big C that had felled our group, but I don't know anything about the other C, so will have to do my investigating.

ttyl,
~m

I guess it's OK to say the other 'C' word on here .. it's 'CUBITS' the 'ALTER Dave's Garden that was given birth after the sale of Daves. I belong .. but rarely go to the site, others, I think, find it more personable I guess, but, I;m happy here.
I can give you the link if you'd like ?

Bought a new Vacuum cleaner today , OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I am appalled at what my other machine was leaving behind .. this one is one of the ones that use no bags, you empty the plastic cup after vacuuming .. WHOA .. had thought my pets were minimal shedders .. NOPE !!!!!

Oriental Poppies are getting ready to EXPLODE .. just need some HEAT !!!!

CIAO

~M~

I am still here, but only for a few days. My sub runs out and I'm not renewing this time. I hardly use the forums anymore, and I don't garden as much. I find the changes they made to the navigation system very annoying too. It's time to say so long...

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

I'm around and read most posts but only once a week or so. Not spending hardly any time at the computer anymore, but still gardening.

Dundas,, ON(Zone 5b)

Wow!

Thanks all for letting me know what you're up to.

Heather your garden looks lovely. I wish I was as good at things as so many of you seem to be.

I'm really sorry to see so many of you going, but I do understand. Life makes demands - time, money, energy - we have to make choices.

But I do want to say to you all that I've thoroughly enjoyed the companionship and community that was here for so long and will miss those of you who don't come back. I know how short my time is so often, and I think the main reason I keep up my Dave's subscription right now is for Sharon Brown's Aunt Bett stories. I LOVE them! They remind me of so much in my own childhood.

And just dropping in here to see what everyone is up to has been really nice, and a great resource for someone with a black thumb when it comes to flowers. I do fine with the veg, but flowers seem to mock me somehow.

So I'll probably be here for a while longer, but not dropping in every day or anything.

Happy First Day of Summer to you all!
~marilyn

Thumbnail by cybercrone
North Saanich, Canada

I, too, am still here, but will be letting my subscription expire. I don't use the forums much anymore either, and find that so many times, if I happen to ask a question on any of them, there is not much response. Still here, still gardening, but not checking in as often.
I have also found that the Dave's Garden website has been extremely slow lately. Anyone else??

I was going to let my subscription go .. but .. am giving it another year. I use the PET FORUM lots and always seem to get my question answered ..

Haven't found the site slow, but have seen others post that comment. If the thread you find is slow, it might be because of pictures uploaded to the forum .. pics eat up lots of speed for some computers.
Usually when that happens in the 'Our Neck of the Woods Forum' we just start a new thread.

Cool here this morning .. going car (SUV) shopping !!

~M~

Dundas,, ON(Zone 5b)

I think I'll be away again for Sept/Oct, and I hope again in February for a while, but I should be here for the next couple years other than that.

I think I love Dave's best when it is after Christmas and everyone is getting their seed catalogues, starting plants and making plans. I LOVE that sense of anticipation, ans sharing it.

Calgary, Canada

Still here,but busy too!
Quack grass galore to dig out.
Family activities and general gardening keep me busy.
Caroline

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

I am still here, I grow mostly tropicals now.
I post daily at www.brugmansia.us and pop into Daves every now and them.
I love the trash to treasure forum.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.