Amongst the hundreds...

(Zone 7a)

...of cultivars, does anyone recognize this Iris? It came sealed in a package from Home Depot marked, "Pink Attraction." I like this better but would anyone like to hazard a guess at it's name?

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Taylorsville, KY

There are 10's of THOUSANDS of registered cultivars, and trying to name one from a photo is almost impossible. That said, the picture does resemble PINK ATTRACTION, which is a shock considering it was sold by Home Depot. If you go to the Guides, there are several pictures there that you can look at and see if all the characteristics are there. Also, the American Iris Society has an "iris wikipedia" that you can also look at. But the only way you can firmly identify an iris is to buy one from a reputable seller, grow it next to the one you have, and when they bloom, see if they are identical. Sorry!

Sue

(Zone 7a)

I looked at PlantFiles and the flowers aren't even close. The Irises pictured have MUCH lighter blooms. This one is almost grape colored, and the beard is berry colored.

This was pre-packaged at W.R. Vanderschoot of Virginia and sold to HD. I went to their website and did not find any Irises that match. Their photo is of a pale pink flower, too.

Oh, well...It was a thought worth trying. Thanks for looking.

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

Pink Attraction is a soft baby pink color, nothing like the one in question here.

Enid, OK

I looks a little like Persian Berry to me...but keep in mind I don't know much!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

whatever it is it's very pretty :)

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

It looks a little like Recherche in this years Cooley's catalog. "VL 34" RE Heavy waxen substance...Lovely deep orchid lavendar color trimmed with heavy lace. Near-white beards."

(Zone 7a)

Unfortunately, this one does does have the white beard.

I have sent a picture to Vanderschoot and am awaiting a reply.

South Hamilton, MA

good idea. Pink Attraction is really PINK as you know.

(Zone 7a)

I do know. LOL Funny thing is, they don't have this particular color amongst the colors on the website. I'm curious to hear back from them.

South Hamilton, MA

oh, oh perhaps some plant dropped a bee pod seedling. Or else I hope they can give you an ID

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.