Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Just 2 more

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Love the darks

Thumbnail by ge1836
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Those are really nice combos. ge Besides the dark foliage you've added vertical accents and trailing of the light color plants. Not to mention the veriegated coleous. Nicely done.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

The container with the dianthus is going to be perennials next season.The gardens are expanding and I have faves I want to keep.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

ge, Very nice plantings in your containers. I planted a couple of small coleus in containers under a bird feeder, not thinking about scattered bird seed. So the coleus got scratched out. I have more coleus so will carefully replant.

Donna

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Bird seed is a nuiscence.
I love to feed them in the winter but need to be careful where I hng the feeders. I am still weeding.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ge1836,

I really like the dark foliage plants. OUr nights are very cool, so coleus doesn't do well if put out too early, like even now.

I do a lot of containers in my back yard and have a little group with merlot coloured flowers with some dark foliage. It faces SE so it get very hot and has full sun until late afternoon. I picked up a dark leafed dahlia call Dark Angels Dracula. Can't wait until we get some sunshine. Not a great picture of the group, but in a couple of weeks it should be spectacular

Joanne

Thumbnail by joannabanana
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

the cloudy damp mornings are driving me nuts.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Joanne, I can't make out much of the plants. But your garden-helper is adorable!
Kim

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.