Garden art from old fan housings

Granite Bay, CA

We go through a lot of fans trying to keep our electric bills down and when the fans died I felt like there should be something I can do with the protective grill that surrounds the blades. I cut some landscape fabric to fit and filled it with succulents that didn't need deep root space.There is moss placed around the plants and fine florist wire webbed across them to keep them in place I just placed it on top of a metal plant stand and it makes a pretty sculpture. Since the original fan also had a handle on the back attached to the housing, this can be hung on a wall. It makes it more difficult to water though but because they are wired on it works. This fan cage was metal but I think the plastic ones would work as well.

Thumbnail by OGRODNIK
This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!