Ripley, MS

Lets continue with the beauty of June on this thread

Barefoot Jim

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Volusian Spider

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Hollywood lights, FFO, it is pretty even with spots !

Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Hollywood Lights is pretty even with spots on it!

Ripley, MS

Yes, I love, love it, Cindy gave that one to me

Jean Swan

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

the roadside bed

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Ruffled Lemon Piping

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Here is my Heart

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Two Part Harmony

Thumbnail by slcdms
(Debra) Garland, TX

like that last one

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra your beds look really pretty this year! I love all your day lilies but I also particularly like the last one - Two Part Harmony.

Ripley, MS

Thanks, but they were really much prettier last year, the secret garden is probably the best looking bed in general this year, and the kitchen window bed

Kitchen window bed

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Secret Garden Bed

Two Part Harmony is a reliable bloomer, but it will open a lot of singles before you get a double and then you only get a few doubles, but it is so pretty as a single, I don't mind

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

All Fired Up

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

I put up about 90 pictures on FB if you would like to see them

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1639508802321.68065.1674832428&l=77a2ac67e5

It is so much easier to upload to FB

Rhapsody in Black

Thumbnail by slcdms
(Debra) Garland, TX

Are those Burgundy Gaillardias in the kitchen window bed?

Ripley, MS

They are more an orange, but they are curled up from the sun, they are gaillardia though. Love them, have them all over

(Debra) Garland, TX

l like them, too, They don't like my heavy clay that I'm too lazy to amend. :-)

Ripley, MS

I have been amending for years here, some of it does pretty good now, some is still poor.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Really beautiful Sandra. your front bed is so pretty. I think all of yours look better than mine have this year. My Hollywood lights has yet to even open a bloom right. I think some of those I have in the bed behind the green house are getting hit too hard with the water from the in ground sprinkler. I may have to move them around a bit.

Ripley, MS

Thanks Cindy, I did not show the old garden spot , they are burning up there, even the buds are drying up

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

We stopped by San Jose so Jake could show me the campus where he will be going to school. There is a fabulous rose garden in San Jose that they took me to see. These pictures just don't do justice to the roses. They were HUGE. The colors were so vivid and pretty. Just thought you all might enjoy looking it over. Here is the link to my photos.

https://picasaweb.google.com/charlotte.perdue1/OaklandRoseGarden?authkey=Gv1sRgCPHCwIrG3vr42gE

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Beautiful pictures Sandra, Love that bed. It looks great!! Glad your back safe and sound Charlotte.

Thanks for all the info crissy, That's what I needed to know.

off to look at charlotte's pics.

You ladies hav e a good day and try to stay cool!!

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Wow! Everyone's DLs are beautiful. KA, I will be more than happy to take an EE bulb or two away from you ;o)) I am off to Tunica...and by Homestead and Dabneys...well, maybe. If you do not hear from me in a week, I won big and am off on a BIG adventure! So, that means that I will post tomorrow night. LOL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Here is another plant that I saw and don't have any idea what it is but it was fascinating!!! The leaves were huge.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim hope you win tons of money!!!
Here is a photo of the plants from above to give some idea of the size of them. One big clump is behind the metal thing on the left. Another is behind the guy sitting on the bench. You will also notice several others scattered around.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

This spikey thing was growing in the center.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Here is a photo of the whole family. Notice the new haircut on Justin and Clint. Just out of the blue they decided to get haircuts the day before. Kristi was not real pleased with Justin's burr cut!

Thumbnail by cperdue
Ripley, MS

Charlotte post that on the plant ID forum, at first look I thought some type of gunnera, but don't know about the spiky thing

Got to go look at roses too !!

(Debra) Garland, TX

This one was labeled James Clark. It is close to the color and pattern on most web images. Think the coloring may be off because it is first year in a container? I've had that with a couple of others this year. It's pretty, anyway. :-)

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
(Debra) Garland, TX

Bold One. First year. Color is more peachy than shown in photo, not sure I like it as well as I would if it had less of a pink undertone to the yellow. But it certainly is dramatic. :-)

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
Ripley, MS

Debra, some of the coloring of mine have been off this year, I have not even snapped a picture of Roses In Snow this year as the color is off so bad, I am not sure why, unless it is the early extended heat we have had this year.

Love the red one, I have lots of reds, the other one looks almost like Shady Lady, they do stand out in the beds, so pretty

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow - the DLs ya'll have are absolutely gorgeous..... Hollywoods nights is really pretty and I love the Barefoot Jim, Rapsody in Black and the two part harmony.... I really need to start making me a list of the ones I really like to add some more to my beds. I lost a few this past summer/winter - not sure if the heat or the cold got them, or if they just weren't happy there! My Ouachita Beauty didn't make it Cindy, and the Jessi ? I can't remember the name didn't either. I think transplanting them into such extreme heat then cold did them in!

I think I am going to tuck some daylilies into my foundation planting just because they are so beautiful!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Great pic charlotte. You have a lovely family!! Love the daylily pics. I've not gotten to enjoy mine too much this year, so glad to see all the pictures here.

Sandra is right on that gunnera, it's zone 7 i think, so it's not hardy for me, i've tried it. has to be really good growing conditions to get that big, llike CA growing conditions lol around here it probably wouldn't get half that big. i think it would do better for you charlotte, than for me. your a little warmer than me, i've seen them on ebay for about l0.00 brian's botanicals sells them also. He's big on those huge plants.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm going to go to Brian's botanicals and check them out. Don't know where I'd put something that big!

Ripley, MS

I saw one in a catalog once that was big as a car, I didn't know they had the spiky thing

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Charlotte....I dont know where you would put something that big either..... guess you would be moving something else out of the way because I am not sure you have any space left from the photos! Your family is lovely.... and by cutting his hair off he was probably just getting ready for his trip to Arkansas! The boys always cut theirs off when it starts getting hot.

there is lightening all around - but not a rain drop in site. Been lightening in the distance for over 2 hrs - and it has moved closer and basically all around us but I am not sure anyone is getting any actual rain out of it! It is a really strange sytem that moved in East to West instead of the normal direction........

Have a good night everyone....
genna

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm about to have a melt down!! Our power went out yesterday and I had to reset my router to get my internet to work. Not an uncommon problem. I just unplugged everything and replugged it and the internet started working. But I can't get my printer to work!!! I've tried every thing I can think up. I've unplugged and replugged it. Turned my computer off and on. My printer shows on my list of printers - I just know it has something to do with my network but just can't figure it out!!!!!!!!!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Someetimes I just have to reinstall the printer and it works just fine after that, but i've had that problem a time or two too. hope you get your ac back on.

I'm off to work. you all have a blessed day!!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous pics!!!! I love this time of year!

Charlotte I know that garden!! You were all over Dave's old stomping grounds. I still like Golden Gate Park better, but ooo la la! I don't know where you'd put something that big either! My goodness!!!

Genna wasn't that something last night with that storm? It was one thunderhead that went right over Rison. It was so bright it lit up the sky in Lonsdale, and that's a long ways away!

Your welcome KA! Don't want you to learn the hard way and spend all of this money on plants just to have them confiscated.

Thumbnail by crissyr

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.